Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
please translate for me these sentences!!!!

Thread: please translate for me these sentences!!!!

Talking please translate for me these sentences!!!!

"before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. they got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are. so before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parents' generation, try delousing the closet in your room instead"

Thanks so much!!!

HiHucCaoGio

Quote Originally Posted by minhminh View Post
    "before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. they got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are. so before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parents' generation, try delousing the closet in your room instead"

Thanks so much!!!

Bây giờ tôi dịch có vẻ "đanh đá" đọc chơi cho vui. Không cam đoan dịch trung thực

Trước khi cậu sanh ra đời, bố mẹ cậu chẳng có chán như bây giờ đâu. Họ biến thành vậy vì phải trả đủ thứ tiền nuôi cậu, phải giặt quần áo cho cậu, rồi phải nghe cậu tuyên bố rằng cậu "mát" đến chừng nào. Vì ly do đó, trước khi cậu xả thân ra cứu nhưng khu rừng mưa (ở Amazon) khỏi những con ký sinh trùng từ thế hệ bố mẹ của cậu, hãy giết hết mấy con rận trong buồng quần áo của phòng cậu đi đã.

"Danh da" is exactly the tone of the speaker. Bill Gate was being bitchy but the kids deserved that.
    I will add my translation for one sentence:

"listening to you talk about how cool you are" = "nghe cậu kể lể cậu "mát"/"ngầu" như thế nào."

And for your information:
    Rainforests exist at many places, not just at Brazil. Vietnam has tropical rainforest or "rừng nhiệt đới"
    To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
    -Abraham Maslow

HiHucCaoGio

Quote Originally Posted by chickendog View Post
    "Danh da" is exactly the tone of the speaker. Bill Gate was being bitchy but the kids deserved that.
    I will add my translation for one sentence:

"listening to you talk about how cool you are" = "nghe cậu kể lể cậu "mát"/"ngầu" như thế nào."

And for your information:
    Rainforests exist at many places, not just at Brazil. Vietnam has tropical rainforest or "rừng nhiệt đới"

Translate "cool" into "ngầu" is an excellent choice of word in this case -- very appropriate. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for the Amazon's rainforest, the world is only concern about saving Amazon's rainforest as their sheer size does affect the global climate. I don't think Bill Gates is really thinking about any rainforest in VN or any other locations.

Well, i think he was refering to whatever rainforests the media mentions regularly, not necessarily just Amazon since it is about 1/3 of the world rainforest. Anyway, it is not important matter. Peace!
    To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
    -Abraham Maslow