Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Need help in using the same meaning words

Thread: Need help in using the same meaning words

Default Need help in using the same meaning words

Someone helps me please!
    I notice that there are some words with the same meaning such as: "deeply"and "enormously" but using them is not the same
    such as We should use:
    1. I miss you deeply
    2. You help me enormously
    So, anyone can help me list some other words and the common ways to use them in real English
    Thank you very much!

Hyhyvie,

I dont know every thing people ask here, but I know how to look for them and it is a important skill.

One way you can learn is go to the dictionary.com or similar sites and look up the word. They will provide you the definitions that will includes synonyms as well as examples for using them. Searching for the synonyms again will further give you more examples and possibly more synonyms.

Another way is type the word in Google.com search and it will come up with a lot sentences that include the word in it. But be careful because not all of them are correct, make sure they are from reliable sources like newspapers, schools, or offical documents.

I typed "deeply" into dictionary.com search and scanned through to look for what i needed and here is what i got.

Deeply = Profoundly; thoroughly; not superficially; in a high degree; intensely, very, gravely

Enormously = hugely; immensely, extremely, extraordinarily

Thanks for your help, Chickendog!

It's useful suggestion to solve this question. Maybe no one taking time to list these words. Good English learners have them in their minds and using them correctly without explanations. I wonder when I get this level?

Thanks again!

We usually think we know the words but we don't really know everything. So notice their origin,how they are formed, from which word they are derived from may help you understand them better. I think we should have clear definitions and understanding of words before you can use these words confidently and correctly and that is the key to be a good writer. Once we have done that, the only issue left is our magination/creativity on how to use them.

I know talking is easy but i just want to share