Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Thread about Auto

Thread: Thread about Auto

Default Thread about Auto

Cho tớ hỏi "tune up" nghĩa là gì ạ?

Dạ tớ cảm ơn!
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dethuong_x0x View Post
    Cho tớ hỏi "tune up" nghĩa là gì ạ?

Dạ tớ cảm ơn!
    ĐẠI TU BỔ OR ĐẠI TU (MỖI 30000 MILES.)

What is a tune up? What are the normal things that should be done during a car tune up? How often should a tune up be done and why?

A tune up is done to your car to replace and maintain parts that wear out through usage. Tune ups will insure that your car will continue to run smoothly, continue getting it’s normal gas mileage and prevent severe damage the engine and other major components.

All cars need regular tune-ups about every 30,000 miles. However, with newer model cars made after 1996 there are some things that do not need to be done during a tune up and it is just a waste of money to do so. There are many variations on what should be done at a tune-up. Some mechanics offer very detailed tune-ups that include lots of maintenance procedures that other mechanics do not consider part of the tune-up. Your mechanic should include the following in the tune-up of your car:

Replace the air filter with a new one filter. If you drive on dirt roads you should consider changing the air filter more often than every 30,000 miles. It is very simple and you can do it yourself in just a few minutes at home.

Replace the fuel filter; both fuel filters if your car has two. Replacing the fuel filters every 30,000 miles is the best preventative measure you can take in protecting your car’s fuel system. You can also put in a fuel injector cleaner every so often as recommended by the manufacturer or use a premium gasoline especially if you drive on dusty roads.

Change the spark plugs. When spark plugs get old the spark can not jump over the wires and ignite the fuel properly. Your car will get sluggish, start poorly and get poor gas mileage with old spark plugs. Some of the new cars with platinum spark plugs will only need to be changed every 60,000 miles.

Have your mechanic replace the spark plug wires. Having the wires changed is more expensive, but many times these wires get old and need replacement also.

Some cars should have a new distributor cap and a new rotor at the time of a tune up. To determine if you need a new distributor cap the mechanic will inspect the cap for cracks or black lines or if any deterioration has occurred. A new rotor will be needed if the mechanic finds any cracks, carbon tracks or burning.

Get a valve adjustment if your car has adjustable valves. At this time have the mechanic replace the valve-cover gasket because it is quite common for these covers to begin to leak. A leak in this cover can result in oil around the top of the engine.

Cars older than 1979 need to have the points and condenser changed. This is done on cars without electronic ignition. Cars with electronic ignition should have the ignition timing checked.

Cars that are fuel injected should have the throttle plate cleaned and / or have the air-fuel mixture adjusted. If your car has a carburetor it may need an adjustment.

Have the fluids under the hood checked. Even though you should be doing this on a regular basis more often, having it done during the tune up getting the fluids checked is important.

If your car does not have a manual transmission, have the clutch adjusted.

The battery should be checked during a tune up. The battery terminals and cable ends should be cleaned. Corroded terminals can keep your car from starting. If your battery needs water to be added, the mechanic should fill it with distilled water during a tune up.

The positive crankcase ventilation valve should be replaced during a tune up. A clogged PCV valve is a problem when it causes your car to stall or run poorly.

Keeping your car in top tune-up condition will ensure a longer life, better gas mileage and better performance.

Default Tune up

It's an optimization of a system (vehicles, musical instruments, computers, etc.)

An automotive tune up, is usually includes replacement of the spark plugs (or wires), fuel filter, and oxygen sensor... - To increase car's mileage...

A guitar tune up is usually includes replacement of strings, and turn your strings to the following notes: E A D G B E. - To make your guitar sounds/plays better (at the correct tones)...

A PC tune up, is usually done by removing the unused/unnecessary programs that impact the overall speed. - To make your PC runs faster...

The bottom line - A tune up is process of making a "system" works more efficiently.

Does it make sense?

Thank you very much for all helps!
    I get it now!
    ---
    1st Version:
    2nd Version:

Default Clear plastic polish

Tớ có mua 2 chai thuốc để làm cái đèn xe của tớ trông nó mới hơn 1 chút(theo lời của nhân viên trong Autopart). Tớ ko có thì gian làm đến hôm nay có thì quên mất nhân viên đó nói cái gì nên tớ đành phải đọc lại cái huớng dẫn sử dụng.

I just bought 2 chemical cleaning bottles to make my car lights look new. This was recommended by an employee in Autopart. I had not had enough time to do it until today. But I forget the steps guided by the guy; so, I have to read the direction on the bottles again.

-First bottle(#10): Shake well. Apply in the shade to a cool surface. If surface requires light restoration, precede with Merguiar's Mirror Glaze clear Plastic Cleaner (#17). Dispense product onto a clean, dry cotton terry cloth towel, foam applicator or polish pad. Work one section at a time. Using light pressure, work product thoroughly into the surface. Use a clean Meruiar's Utimate Wipe to wipe dry and buff off residue...

-Second bottle(#17): Shake well. Apply in the shade to a cool surface. Dispense product onto a clean, dry Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe Microfiber cloth (M9910), 100% cotton terry cloth towel, foam applicator or polishing pad and work thoroughly into surface. Use a clean Meruiar's Ultimate Wipe to wipe dry and buff off residue. Follow with an application of Merguiar's Clear Plastic Polish (#10) to enhance optic clarity...

Mấy từ quan trọng kia tớ ko hiểu chắc chắn, các bác giúp tớ giải thích cho tớ giùm ạ. Tớ cảm ơn!
    Last edited by dethuong_x0x; 11-28-2008 at 04:53 AM.
    ---
    1st Version:
    2nd Version:

-First bottle(#10): Shake well. Apply in the shade to a cool surface. If surface requires light restoration, precede with Merguiar's Mirror Glaze clear Plastic Cleaner (#17). Dispense product onto a clean, dry cotton terry cloth towel, foam applicator or polish pad. Work one section at a time. Using light pressure, work product thoroughly into the surface. Use a clean Meruiar's Utimate Wipe to wipe dry and buff off residue...

- Lắc điều. Khi sử dụng, xe nên đậu dưới bóng mát và bề mặt chổ muốn đánh bóng phải mát. Nếu chổ cần đánh bóng chỉ bị trầy nhẹ thì tiến hành dùng Merguiar's Mirror Glaze clear Plastic Cleaner (#17). Xịt nó ra khăn khô và sạch hoặc miếng mướp mềm. Làm từng đoạn từng đoạn. khi chà, chà nhẹ nhẹ, cho tới khi miếng mướp hết Merguiar's Mirror Glaze clear Plastic Cleaner (#17). Dùng clean Meruiar's Utimate Wipe bây giờ đánh ra nó mới bóng.

light restoration: bị trầy nhẹ
    precede : tiến hành
    foam applicator: miếng mướp (the same polish pad)
    light pressure: chà nhẹ

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post

- Lắc điều. Khi sử dụng, xe nên đậu dưới bóng mát và bề mặt chổ muốn đánh bóng phải mát. Nếu chổ cần đánh bóng chỉ bị trầy nhẹ thì tiến hành dùng Merguiar's Mirror Glaze clear Plastic Cleaner (#17). Xịt nó ra khăn khô và sạch hoặc miếng mướp mềm. Làm từng đoạn từng đoạn. khi chà, chà nhẹ nhẹ, cho tới khi miếng mướp hết Merguiar's Mirror Glaze clear Plastic Cleaner (#17). Dùng clean Meruiar's Utimate Wipe bây giờ đánh ra nó mới bóng.

light restoration: bị trầy nhẹ
    Thank you very much!
    ---
    1st Version:
    2nd Version:

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post

-light restoration: bị trầy nhẹ
    Cần minh định để tránh confused only cho VDict members!!!
    Light restoration: ....phục hồi những sự trầy trụa nhẹ.
    Precede: ...trước hết sử dung....
    Proceed: tien hanh.

Quote Originally Posted by MANH NGUYEN View Post
    Cảm ơn bác!
    ---
    1st Version:
    2nd Version:

Default Thread about Auto

Thank you a Manh.