Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Pls help translating this to English

Thread: Pls help translating this to English

Furty

Default Pls help translating this to English

This is an SMS I just received verbatim (i.e. no tone markers were in the original either). I've spent the past 7 years becoming thoroughly proficient in Thai only to fall for a Vietnamese girl working over here who can speak, but not read/write Thai, and has zero English. We get by in Thai for conversation, but texting is proving difficult especially seeing as no phones here support the Vietnamese alphabet!

I've struggled with a number of online translation tools, but "I health article child brother thè which skin safe còm sour . and I now has go play no good bye nhé" is the best I managed so far

Anyways, Here's the text to translate:

"Em van khoe con anh the nao da an chua. Va toi nay co choi khong hen gap lai nhe."

Many thanks!

If anyone wants to help me with a polite reply that'd be great too

"Em vẫn khỏe, còn anh thế nào? đã ăn chưa. Và tối nay có chơi không? hẹn gặp lại nhe."

I am still same good, how about you? have (you) eat/have meal yet. And will you play tonight? see you again.
    Thất bại lớn nhất của đời người là tự đại
    Đáng thương nhất của đời người là tự ti.
    Tự đại + Tự ti = thất bại đáng thương nhất

Furty

Quote Originally Posted by LtDra View Post
    "Em vẫn khỏe, còn anh thế nào? đã ăn chưa. Và tối nay có chơi không? hẹn gặp lại nhe."

I am still same good, how about you? have (you) eat/have meal yet. And will you play tonight? see you again.
    Thanks LtDra!

Looks like learning Vietnamese won't be terribly difficult at all after learning Thai - the syntax and even the phrasing is almost identical.. "I'm well, are you well? Have you eaten yet? Going to go out tonight? See you again" is pretty standard conversation in Thai as well.

Now that I know that I understand why it was so easy for her to pick up the Thai language so quickly.

Thanks!