Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Give your ideas?

Thread: Give your ideas?

huynhnoseed

Default Give your ideas?

You are going to read a magazine article about a teenager who runs his own business. Choose the most suitable heading from the list A-H. for each part of the articles (1-7). There is one extra heading which you do not need to use.
    A. Getting and passing on information
    B. Taking a risk
    C. A bright future
    D. Service and image
    E. A real businessman
    F. It’s time to take him seriously
    G. Demand leads to expansion
    H. An unlikely inter

1………………….
    Paul is running his own travel company. He set it up in January this year and it’s expanding rapidly. Under the very grown-up title of Managing Director, Paul, who has a staff of six other 14-year-olds, organizes ferry crossings and coach trips from his ‘office’ – a spare bedroom in his parents’home. So far, he’s booked 50 trips for individuals and groups, and he’s an official agent for all the major ferry companies.

2. …………………..
    Paul’s passion started when dad David and mum Pat took him to France for the day. ‘ When he was very small, he was nervous and didn’t like boats’ , say Pat. ‘ So, when he was six, we thought we’d take him on a sea trip to help him get over the fear. We’d no idea what we were starting.’ Paul became a ferry enthusiast, writing to different companies for details about their ships.

3……………………….
    His idea of a great day out was to go and see the ships going in and out of the harbour. “ I could see as many as 50 in one day and I’d find out everything about each one: how big it was, how many pasengers it carried and what sort of restaurant it had,’ says Paul. Keen to share his knowledge, Paul set up a service two years ago, ‘ People could ring me up and, for free, I’d like tell them all about the ship they were booked on’

4…………………………..
    The service was so popular that Paul decided to develop it by making the ferry bookings for people. ‘ I wrote to all the main companies, and they wrote back or sent me forms to fill in. I didn’t tell them how old I was at first – but they know now because I thought it best to inform them. ‘ Paul’s very first customers were his neighbours and friends of his parents. His reputation grew then by word of mouth.

5………………………
    His coach trips have taken off too. Day-trip customers are given a factsheet telling them all about the ferry they will be travelling on and all about facilities in the ports they will be using. ‘Every trip is led by two of my staff,’ he says. Paul is currently designing a company tie for his staff. At present they all wear white shirts, dark trousers, black shoes and company badges. ‘ We take pride in being smart,’ says Paul . ‘We find that customers appreciate it.’

6…………………..
    Pat and David have had a few months to get used to the idea of their schoolboy son running a business – but admit it was a shock at first. ‘We thought it was just a craze he’d soon get over. Then , one day, I took a phone call from someone trying to book a trip,’ say David. ‘ After that, we took Paul to the bank to get some proper advice on the financial and legal implications’

7…………………….
    But Paul has no desire to be a travel agent when he leaves school. Instead he hope to join a major ferry company and work on their ships. A spokesman for one major ferry that uses Paul’s firm says: ‘He runs his trips well. We didn’t know how old he was at first – but we don’t find his age a drawback. I’m sure he’ll do very well in whatever he decides to do in this line of work.’

There are my ideas. How about yours? Help me!!!
    1.E
    2.F
    3.G
    4.D
    5.C
    6.A
    7.B
    Last edited by huynhnoseed; 04-19-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huynhnoseed View Post
    You are going to read a magazine article about a teenager who runs his own business. Choose the most suitable heading from the list A-H. for each part of the articles (1-7). There is one extra heading which you do not need to use.
    A. Getting and passing on information
    B. Taking a risk
    C. A bright future
    D. Service and image
    E. A real businessman
    F. It’s time to take him seriously
    G. Demand leads to expansion
    H. An unlikely inter
    1 E
    2 B
    3 A
    4 G
    5 D
    6 F
    7 C

huynhnoseed

Default Thanks

"You are a wonderful friend, Paddy".Thank you very much!