Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Secret Code? Please help.

Thread: Secret Code? Please help.

Helen

Default xxx

Last edited by Helen; 02-16-2010 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Hallo everybody,

I am from Germany and I need help with something that seems to be a Vietnamese text, and since I am completely ignorant of the Vietnamese language (please forgive me) I wondered whether this forum might provide me with a hint.

I am reading Mark Z. Danielewski's House of Leaves right now, and there is a long paragraph containing only photographer's names. At the end of this paragraph, "names" accumulate that seem to be Vietnamese words; so I checked Google and other sources and found out that these are not Vietnamese photographers at all (well: some are), but mostly words that occur in a normal sentence context.

My question is: Is it possible that these words contain a text that actually makes sense in Vietnamese? If yes: can anybody tell me what they mean? I would be very grateful for any kind of help! Unfortunately there are no diacritical marks. I hope the "text" does not contain anything that will annoy anybody.

The book House of leaves is full of hidden codes and messages, and it has a connection to Vietnam as well.

Here are the "names":
    They are just names. Some of them are of other races. But as far as hidden message, I don't see anything.

What message have you decoded so far ?

IQ00

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post

My question is: Is it possible that these words contain a text that actually makes sense in Vietnamese? If yes: can anybody tell me what they mean? I would be very grateful for any kind of help! Unfortunately there are no diacritical marks. I hope the "text" does not contain anything that will annoy anybody.

The book House of leaves is full of hidden codes and messages, and it has a connection to Vietnam as well.

Here are the "names":
    I'd read carefully thoses words, and my answer is: no word make sense in Vietnamese, they just are name.