Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Plz explain me these!

Thread: Plz explain me these!

Default Plz explain me these!

hey guys, plz help me this: In the lyric of a song, i heard that: Even if he ain't by my side. Is " ain't" short-written of "am not" or "are not"? If it is true, why isn't " he is not" but "he ain't"?
    and this: I would trying to fly... So, i've thought that after a modal verb is verb bare, but this situation is so different. And i've seen this structure many times before but i don't get it.
    thanks so much for helping me out!

In my opinion, the word "ain't" is use a lot in american's conversation. The reason is american people tend to reduce a long sentence word and turn it into a short sentence, the main purpose is to make the sentence more simple and less verbose. For example, you can say: i wanna go to the club instead of saying: i want to go to the club-->it basically make the whole sentence less prolix and you can say it quickly and easily. For example: i want you to prepare that lesson asap. In this sentence, you can see the word ASAP which is stand for:"As Soon As Possible". If you speak like:"i want you to prepare that lesson as soon as possible"-->it make a long sentence and people usually try to turn it to a short sentence in order to make the conversation more brieftly and convinient.

Im not sure with your second concern. i would say "would + bare inf" will express your idea of what you want to do in the future, "would + v-ing" will express your desire, your wish to achieve something.

That's all i can come up with, maybe it can help you

he ain't by my side

shorten version of

ain't (nt)
    Nonstandard
    1. Contraction of am not.
    2. Used also as a contraction for are not, is not, has not, and have not.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ain%27t

I would trying to fly...

I think it might be ..I would try to fly or I was trying to fly ? or 2 sentences all together..I would ..punctuation then trying to fly ?

you can check out the lyrics by googling the title of the song..the lyrics sites will appear..then you would know if you have the right lyrics or not... I googled I was trying to fly and found Taylor Swift ..Crazier ?
    Last edited by dewdrops; 12-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài
    Lấy nhau chẳng đặng thương hoài nghìn năm

Quote Originally Posted by nam vu View Post
    In my opinion, the word "ain't" is use a lot in american's conversation. The reason is american people tend to reduce a long sentence word and turn it into a short sentence, the main purpose is to make the sentence more simple and less verbose. For example, you can say: i wanna go to the club instead of saying: i want to go to the club-->it basically make the whole sentence less prolix and you can say it quickly and easily. For example: i want you to prepare that lesson asap. In this sentence, you can see the word ASAP which is stand for:"As Soon As Possible". If you speak like:"i want you to prepare that lesson as soon as possible"-->it make a long sentence and people usually try to turn it to a short sentence in order to make the conversation more brieftly and convinient.

Im not sure with your second concern. i would say "would + bare inf" will express your idea of what you want to do in the future, "would + v-ing" will express your desire, your wish to achieve something.

That's all i can come up with, maybe it can help you
    this really helped me so much ). Once again, thanks your help!

Quote Originally Posted by dewdrops View Post
    he ain't by my side

shorten version of

ain't (nt)
    Nonstandard
    1. Contraction of am not.
    2. Used also as a contraction for are not, is not, has not, and have not.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ain%27t

I would trying to fly...

I think it might be ..I would try to fly or I was trying to fly ? or 2 sentences all together..I would ..punctuation then trying to fly ?

you can check out the lyrics by googling the title of the song..the lyrics sites will appear..then you would know if you have the right lyrics or not... I googled I was trying to fly and found Taylor Swift ..Crazier ?
    thks, too! By the way, you right about the song and that's my false! you know, i have a little problem with listening