Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
This isn't a relationship check office, right?? stop itttt

Thread: This isn't a relationship check office, right?? stop itttt

Default This isn't a relationship check office, right?? stop itttt

Lately, there have been many posts in which people ask to translate a certain and potentially sensitive text which
    their Vietnamese spouses have been writing to friends, family, etc.
    I can only conclude that these people are NOT language LEARNERS which I find very regrettable.
    If you want to know what your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend is writing, then go learn the language.
    Is this okay with the moderators? I don't mean to offend anyone, so sorry if I did. Thank you.

Thanks for bringing it up dragonwing04...I find it disturbing also..relationships should be built on trust..not checking up..spying on each other..I think if you are not comfortable then don't reply to the post..I will also limit my help as well..it is not right..
    Last edited by dewdrops; 09-19-2011 at 05:01 AM.
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài
    Lấy nhau chẳng đặng thương hoài nghìn năm

You're both correct. The moderators should block messages of this type as intercepting electronic messages is illegal in many countries. So if the moderators don't stop it they could be construed as assisting a crime in some countries.

Texan

Smile Half Correct, Half Incorrect

I have a friend in Saigon who does not know English and I do not know or understand very much Vietnamese language. I am in the process of learning the Vietnamese language. I have been studying with a Vietnamese coworker who is a native born Vietnamese speaking individual. I am learning the alphabet and how to pronounce the letters depending upon the marks on the letters, etc. Normally I would have help at work, or at a friends home with the translation of my friends e-mails and some times I can get the idea of the e-mail when using Google translate. But this week end I don't have access to friends and coworkers and Google translate or the hard copy dictionary just isn't doing the trick since there are no markings on the letters of the e-mail. In other words, the e-mail is not written in true Vietnamese and I am not good enough yet to understand what was intended. So I have asked for help with the translation. I do not see any problems with this type of help. If a person is asking of help with a stolen e-mail or test message, then yes, they should either have more faith in the relationship or get out of the relationship. I have been making valid attempts to learn the language and will continue to do so. Thank you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky42 View Post
    You're both correct. The moderators should block messages of this type as intercepting electronic messages is illegal in many countries. So if the moderators don't stop it they could be construed as assisting a crime in some countries.
    I don't really see any danger since admins are not responsible of criminal acts (is it actually "criminal" or "reprehensible"?) committed by some members in real life. The messages are posted on the forum, but not stolen in the forum, they are stolen in real life, and there's nothing can prove to the admin or anyone that these messages have actually been stolen, and not created by the poster's imagination.

Anyway, I agree that a forum should not be the place for this kind of services. When it's time to time, to help a member who is active and often participate to the forum's life, I don't see any problem. But when people register to this forum with the unique motivation is to get translation help, I think it should be moderated.

@Texan : What is the point in trying to have complex talks and relationship with someone you don't even have 1 language in common for basic communication? It means you always need an intermediate to assist you, and will have no private life at all with this person... weird.

The email you ask people here to translate are private materials, I would not let hundreds of unknown people read my private correspondence with a girl I like. Maybe a close friend, at a pinch! Not even sure I would...