Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
My Blogs (Writings about every day life)
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Blogs (Writings about every day life)

Default My Blogs (Writings about every day life)

V

I...you're going home tomorrow ?...he replied..no...going to Balmoral Grove... forever...my wife she needs to get better...I am wearing her out...I want her to get better..he said it with such a conviction that I felt like he's trying to accept..he continued...I bawled my eyes out last night...

I...heard it is a nice place...brand new..people have come back to us and told us that it is a nice place...he...she and the kids are going to come and visit me...I..of course they will...

He didn't want to go...his wife wasn't coping...she wanted him to go...into the nursing home...

he is the only one who calls me by my name...he asked for it when he first came in...V.. I said..holding my fingers up...into a V...he couldn't hear me well...he thought it was B...

ever since every time he sees me he would hold up his fingers and call out V

yesterday he complimented me...saying how young I am...then he asked me about my family...I smiled....at least it takes his mind off the inevitable...

today is it...the big day...he was holding up well...poor thing...felt sad for him and his wife...
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài
    Lấy nhau chẳng đặng thương hoài nghìn năm

Ear Plugs

she's had a bad day she's said...been crying too...upstairs was quite nice except for one nurse..she was a bitch....you need to get up...she made me get up...she doesn't understand..I am 85...I am not as quick..I know I am much slower this time around..last year it only took me a few days..but this year it took forever..I thought I'd better get it done before my heart conk out...she had a total knee replacement..

then my daughter came ..she's a nice girl and everything...but she's got no empathy...mum...you've got to get up..and do this and do that...all I wanted to do was have an afternoon in peace...a lie down...she zoomed around me like a tornado...she's gone now thank God..

I laughed...you'll find the staff much nicer down here...may be you should invest in a pair of ear plugs before your daughter come next for a visit...she looked at me and cracked up...and you know what..it will be the best investment I have ever had...

I could still hear her laughing walking down the corridor...I am glad I have made her day...a little laughter goes a long way...
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài

How can you not laugh..?

Was in rehab when T one of the male physio said..I need a male..K one of the nurses replied..so do we...I shook my head...had a giggle..

walked to medical..was telling J the ward clerk about it when Mr H, one of our patients, overheard us from the doorway of his room...he yelled out ...I am a male..who needs me?

we all cracked up...
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài

His Porsche

He calls me his little Porsche...This morning he said..got a nice hot little car and can't drive it...asked him why not ? he said the doors are closed..

I giggled...no they are not...he..no key..I...key is in the ignition..

he..wonders if anyone has been driving this car..must be ..when it is so hot and has a great engine..feels just like new..

I giggled..no one..it's a high performance car remember? not many people can handle it...it's been just sitting in the car port ..

he..well how do I know ? it's not at home so I can't keep an eye on it ..

I..only you think it is a hot car..don't think anyone else does..

he..I am sure this car like different drivers..variety..get bored with just one driver..I laughed..well this driver is doing okie..is that why this driver have been trying out new manoeuvres?
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài

Da Bomb..

Huân called me da bomb the other day and well it made me laugh...

at work da bomb is a secret recipe that one of the nurses made up..

it is called da bomb because once you have it you will explode...they all assured me it works every time...from the ingredients I can see why...

it is a foul mixture of 3 laxatives..

20-30ml lactulose (osmotic/pressure laxative)
    2 coloxyl and senna (stool softener and stimulant)
    1 teaspoon of Nulax (a fruit laxative)

Yesterday I was all blue..came up to the ward to see W making up a concoction..she was crushing up the tablets and trying to dissolve the Nulax...it looked awful...brown with bits everywhere...

she said room ... haven't gone for 6 days..this will do it..I am sick of him asking me ..he won't ask me anymore after this..

she was making up da bomb..will have to wait till Monday to see if da bomb worked..

she made me laugh..
    Last edited by dewdrops; 07-20-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài

Picnic Basket
    On Friday one of my oldies went home..looking at them I can tell that he loves her..she is indeed very lucky...for the time that she was in ....every day he came for a visit without fail..and she was in for months..

I noticed he always came in with a picnic basket..in it was his cut lunch, a thermos with his tea, something for him to read..something for her to read..and they would sit there spending time with each other..

Other times he would bring her... her clothes all washed and folded..he looks after all her medications..

I commented to D, one of the nurses..one afternoon when I was preparing her for discharge..how he always packed a picnic basket...she said he's such a sweetie..wish I could marry someone like him...how do they keep the romance going after all these years?? I replied.. I don't know..
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài

Radiating

After the last few days of rain..Melbourne is full of sunshine again...and so am I...Lately have been going for walks in just my shorts, a t-shirt and a fleecy...my neighbour said what are you trying to do ? hold on to Summer?

wore shorts so that I can feel the freshness of the cool/cold winter air..to wake me up from the numbness I have felt lately...

today like usual I went on my 2.4km walk...the walk is getting easier..may be because I am happy? I shared part of my walk today with a group of special people and their carers..

and on my way back heading my way was a Down syndrome girl/woman..she was coming towards me skipping with her arms wide stretched...oblivious ...her face happy..with the brightest smile I have ever seen....her smile moved me...and it made me smile back..

despite her looks...and her awkward steps..she was radiating happiness...the joy that she filled her surroundings was enough to share with all those around her..

I am blessed to have shared that joy with her today..
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài

Are You Lonesome Tonight?

I went to the nursing home to do some work today..to check that all of our patient profiles matched the drug charts...thus there I was sitting facing a wall in a little hub busily checking...I was oblivious to the activities that was around me concentrating on the task at hand since I got there at 1030am instead of 10am..so was making up for lost time...

then someone started singing...it was a female voice...in her 70-80? sounded very old..what moved me was that she sang Are You Lonesome Tonight..she sang it slow..punctuating every word...I was wondering if she was missing her man...at that age I wonder if he was still around?

she kept on repeating the few lines that she knew over and over again..sitting there I felt like crying...she must miss him so...wonder if he knows that...

Words & Music by Roy Turk and Lou Handman

Are you lonesome tonight,
    Do you miss me tonight?
    Are you sorry we drifted apart?
    Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day
    When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
    Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
    Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
    Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
    Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

I wonder if you're lonesome tonight
    You know someone said that the world's a stage
    And each must play a part.
    Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart.
    Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
    You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue
    Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange
    And why I'll never know.
    Honey, you lied when you said you loved me
    And I had no cause to doubt you.
    But I'd rather go on hearing your lies
    Than go on living without you.
    Now the stage is bare and I'm standing there
    With emptiness all around
    And if you won't come back to me
    Then make them bring the curtain down.

Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
    Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

www.lyricsfreak.com
    Last edited by dewdrops; 07-20-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài

Ế Và Tôi

Ế hơn tôi đúng 3 tuổi , vì ngày sinh nhật của ế cũng là ngày sinh nhật của tôi . Không biết từ khi nào ế là ế ...

Tôi quen ế cũng bao năm rồi...lúc đầu chỉ là quen biết trên paltalk. Tôi còn nhớ tôi hỏi ế làm nghề gì ...ế bảo ế rửa chén cho một nhà hàng . Ế bảo ế không tìm được việc làm nên đã đi rửa chén ..

Mỗi lần gặp nhau chỉ hello hỏi thăm 1-2 câu...mấy năm sau tôi gặp ế ...tôi hỏi sao dạo này tìm được việc chưa ? hay vẫn còn đi rửa chén ? Ế cười tìm được rồi ...rửa chén hồi nào ?

Quen mấy năm chẳng biết mặt mũi ế ra sao ..lúc thân tôi xin ế tấm hình ..ế gửi cho tôi coi ..cũng nghệ sĩ dữ lắm đấy ế nhà tôi ...tóc thì để dài xong cột thành 1 đuôi ngựa (pony tail)

Tấm sau này ế gửi nhìn hơi chán chút ..tóc thì đã cắt ngắn ..sát đầu ..người thì gầy cà tong cà teo ..ế bảo cắt ngắn để dễ tìm việc ..còn đâu nghệ với sĩ ...dáng nghệ sĩ của ế giờ đã đi Tây ..thấy mà mủi lòng ..

Ế vui tính ..lúc đầu tôi cứ tưởng ế ông cụ non ...Giờ thì không ế của tôi cà chua một cây ...

tôi biết có người đã ghen..thật ra thì ế với tôi chỉ là bạn thôi ..vì là bạn nên tôi không giữ ý ..chọc là chọc tới bến ...

Tội nghiệp ế ..có lần vì tôi mà phải đi dỗ cô bé nào đó ...cô ta giận ế nguyên buổi thì phải ...hôm đó ế chui vô private năn nỉ tôi đừng chọc nữa ...

có hôm vô phòng..ông Kh hỏi hai người có gì không ..tôi bảo không..tôi nạt ổng .làm ơn đừng chọc trong public...nơi công cộng ..tội nghiệp ế ..đã ế rồi chọc hồi chắc ế chổng mông ..tôi thì sao cũng được ..đã có tai tiếng thì thêm 1 người cũng chẳng sao ..

Ế và lùn ...giờ thì đã chết đứng với hai cái tên dí dỏm ..Mỗi lần gặp nhau là cứ ế với lùn ..cho đến giờ này tôi cũng chưa biết tên thật của ế là gì nữa ..nhưng đối với tôi cũng chẳng sao ...miễn sao ế vẫn là ế là được rồi ...lâu lâu không gặp cũng nhớ cái cà chua của ế ...

Hôm nọ ngồi với nhau ...ế hát cho tôi nghe cả buổi ...mê giọng của ế ...cái giọng cà chua thứ thiệt ...hôm đó ế hỏi tôi ..giờ lùn còn dám yêu nữa không ? tôi trả lời ...không ...bị một lần tởn tới già ...có cảm ai chắc cũng chẳng dám nói ..thôi thì cứ giữ trong lòng ..vậy mà chắc ăn ..ừ ..ế đồng ý ..

tôi quý ế ...vì ế dễ thương ..mỗi lần tôi buồn là ế lại xách cây đàn ..hát cho tôi nghe đến nửa đêm ..

mong sao ế vẫn sẽ mãi mãi là ế của lùn ..

PS.... ế không phải ế là vì không ai thèm ...mà là vì có người khó tính nên là vẫn chưa tìm được ý trung nhân ...đúng cái chắc ...phải không ế ? hehehe
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài

Ad For A New Wife

He joked that he would let me leave if I can find him a new wife..I replied easy will put together an ad and find him one...
    His requirements:
    5' 5" (a bit taller than me)
    smart
    witty
    classy
    nice rump (ummmm sounds like a piece of meat he's after..but then he's a country boy)
    wants to cook good food all the time
    have a high sex drive
    not a grump

I told him oh...dont know about the cooking bit...might be hard to find someone that fits that description..

him...well I am getting a replacement aren't I ? and the replacement have to be as good ..if not better??

the next bit was an in depth job description..

a good house keeper, must be able to do book keeping, ..an on call pharmacist..a good mum to 3 kids...and must be available for sex at any time..

I then said..no hope there..too many criteria...could we leave them out? for no way is anyone going to reply to the ad..

him...but we need to be straightforward...must be fair to the applicant..so they know what they are in for..

I...

him...then you cant leave....

Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài