Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Relationships between Men and Women in Vietnamese Culture - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relationships between Men and Women in Vietnamese Culture

yes, "say nắng" or "cảm" is a vietnamese slang to express the feeling "like" and think of someone but you're not sure whether it is the love or not

um... i don't think so, I think when we called " say nang" , it's mean you sure u not in love, and " say nang" and " cam" are different, clearly. " cam" is a adjective that used to talk you are liking someone and maybe continue to love. um.um, it's so complicate.

Default "say nang" and "cam"

I find it very interesting that we can speak a common language and disagree over precise meaning. Our cultural context and individual life experience has a significant affect on the definitions we attach to language.

Infatuation in English means a pretty intense, even deep emotion for someone (or sometimes something). It is inferred that this intense emotion has probably developed quickly and may not last long (some might also say it is immature, like puppy or young love)...but then again it might evolve into longer lasting love. Regardless of definition, for the individual experiencing infatuation it may be unaware of the difference and feel as though they are in love. And of course love is beautiful!

ha, I like "infatuation ". It's great. They're so lucky girls/ boys. I can imagine, when you see who-make-you-in-infatuation, you can't see anything else, he/she is all around you: the earth, the air, the wind, the sunny... everything. Ha ha, um, It's something like you love at first sight, you simply can not resist. ^^

Deleted...
    Last edited by Phong Lan; 10-26-2009 at 04:08 PM.

oh yes..it's so so beautiful... he is a lucky guy, just a bit unfortunately, he did not know that....
    um, I've ever read one idiom, it says something like : it's a pain if u were not loved by who you loved, but if you could not speak for him your feelings, it's a biggest pain. what a pity!
    but I'm wondering, why didn't you keep contact to him? maybe just by email, skype, yahoo... many ways to you. I don't think he forgot you, right?

Thank Mon_queva.

I told my story in the past tense, which means it's now just memories. We emailed each other several times. The emails discussed about many things except the one I really wanted to say and hear . That's life!!

Default yes love is beautiful

Yes love is beautiful! You said it well. Of course love can bring us to many other emotions to...but if we can bring ourselves to the moment - the time - we experienced love we must admit there is nothing else like that. And I think love comes in many different forms - infatuation - I noted you used the word "crush" which in English also denotes a developing love that could be immature, quick and short lived. Of course a crush can become a much deeper love experience as it seems was true with you.