Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Listen and take notes, and write a dictation

Thread: Listen and take notes, and write a dictation

Default Listen and take notes, and write a dictation

Click here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLAId...eature=channel
    AND YOU WILL think differently

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyenbai View Post
    Click here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLAId...eature=channel
    AND YOU WILL think differently
    I understand he concluded the number of poor people, which is 1,6 billions, who dont have electricity in the world, and he wants U.S government do something to help them.
    He also gave us the price of the solar flash light, 8 dollars, and another solar stuff, 70 dollars, and these two for one person
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!

there are 1.6 billion people in this world who have no access to modern form of...bla bla bla.
    dear dethuong, you are very good at listening but may need some more understanding. He wants to make use of solar energy to help the poor, to reduce the heat emission which causes global warming. He is coming to VIETNAM and speaking like that to Prime Minister.

Dear Tan Yen Bai,
    Dr. RAJENDRA makes a good argument against centralized power plants for developing countries with large populations.
    In your post TITLE I suggest you change the word DICTATION to REPORT. REPORT is more appropriate for what you ask us to do i.e. listen, take notes, and write a report to be turned in at next class (as your teacher would do) or to your Boss at work. The Act of Dictation is somewhat similar but not recommended in the context of your posting.
    Mangosteen

Quote Originally Posted by n4qnx View Post
    Dear Tan Yen Bai,
    Dr. RAJENDRA makes a good argument against centralized power plants for developing countries with large populations.
    In your post TITLE I suggest you change the word DICTATION to REPORT. REPORT is more appropriate for what you ask us to do i.e. listen, take notes, and write a report to be turned in at next class (as your teacher would do) or to your Boss at work. The Act of Dictation is somewhat similar but not recommended in the context of your posting.
    Mangosteen
    Thank you guy,
    Writing a dictation is always a challenge for Vietnamese learning English. I meant it for my students to practice. Then, they can study the written text. The upper level needs simultanuous translation, and then face to face discussion. I can read between the lines.

Default Dictation.

Ah, yes. Thanks for the explanation. I get it now. Well, I did a dictation recently of a youtube video called "The First Indochina War" for a fellow VDICT member. It was for a project related to the recent anniversary of Dien Bien Phu. It was quite a challange for me to transcribe (in English) the 5 installments. It took me about 3-4 hours to do a 10 minute installment of the film and put it into an email form to send out. hihi. I can provide copies if anyone is interested. Rod (Mangosteen)
    Last edited by n4qnx; 05-13-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: clarification