Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Hard time using VDICT with my VN Wife- help?

Thread: Hard time using VDICT with my VN Wife- help?

Dean407

Question Hard time using VDICT with my VN Wife- help?

Hi,

I am American and only speak English.

My wife is Vietnamese and has a very hard time writing in English. She can speak english OK, but to write long letters it's too difficult for her.

So, I thought we found a great solution with VDICT!

However, we are having some issues and I hope soemone can help.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 and can control my PC to install whatever I want. I am using Outlook 2007.

It seems that I can write in English then translate the english to VN text then copy and paste into email just fine.

She is using YAHOO email and goes to an Internet cafe.

The last time she wrote me, it wasn't in proper VN. There were no special symbols above the letters. So, VDICT didn't understand.

So, her sister translated it for me and asked her to write in proper VN.

I just got two more long emails but the keyboard driver she was using must be weird or something as it inserted a "?" instead of a proper character.

Example:

Em dù sao cung r?t là appreciate this website vì nó giúp mình dù không như là
    anh nói ti?ng vi?t ho?c em nói ti?ng Anh

What is odd is that it seemed to write mostly proper Vietnamese.

VDICT doesn't understand any words with the question marks of course.

Is there something simple my wife can ask the person running the internet cafe to do in order to write 100% in proper VN?

Or- is it a problem with YAHOO?

We seem very close to be able to use VDICT to help us communicate. I'd appreciate any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean407 View Post
    Hi,

My wife is Vietnamese and has a very hard time writing in English. She can speak english OK, but to write long letters it's too difficult for her.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 and can control my PC to install whatever I want. I am using Outlook 2007.

It seems that I can write in English then translate the english to VN text then copy and paste into email just fine.

The last time she wrote me, it wasn't in proper VN. There were no special symbols above the letters. So, VDICT didn't understand.

I just got two more long emails but the keyboard driver she was using must be weird or something as it inserted a "?" instead of a proper character.

Example:

Is there something simple my wife can ask the person running the internet cafe to do in order to write 100% in proper VN?

We seem very close to be able to use VDICT to help us communicate. I'd appreciate any advice.
    There are some softwares with some versions to type Vietnamese. What software/ version does your wife use?

Your computer can't read exactly what your wife has type (?)

= Em dù sao cũng rất là appreciate this website/( em dù sao cũng đánh giá rất cao website này) vì nó giúp mình dù không như là anh nói tiếng Việt hoặc em nói tiếng Anh

Question Please help!

I also need help getting the dictations to type correctly.

What is the name of the software you are talking about? Where do i find it?

doodoodaadaa

Quote Originally Posted by Dean407 View Post
    Hi,

Example:

Hi Dean,

There isn't nothing wrong with your computer or keyboard. You just need to go into Yahoo's email Option, Account Information, Member Information, Change Preferred Content to Vietnamese and then you will be able to see your lovely wife letter in Vietnamese. But this will only works on future letters. Hope that help

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
    I also need help getting the dictations to type correctly.

What is the name of the software you are talking about? Where do i find it?
    vps.org and download.