Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Can anyone translate the viet word "để bụng"?

Thread: Can anyone translate the viet word "để bụng"?

Threaded View

hung_tutor

Default Can anyone translate the viet word "để bụng"?

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone translate the viet word "để bụng"?

In Vietnamese Dictionary, "để bụng" has 2 meanings:

-1st, "(kng.). Ghi nhớ những lời nói hay hành động sai sót nhỏ của người khác đối với mình một cách cố chấp, khó chịu".

Example: "Tính hay để bụng. Tôi nói không phải, anh đừng để bụng. Nói châm biếm thế xin phép các lãnh đạo đừng để bụng. Hay để bụng những chuyện đã qua.".

-2nd, "Giữ trong lòng không nói ra". Ex "Thương để bụng."

LacViet Viet-Eng Dictionary said:
    -để bụng cũng như để lòng: Have (something) in one's mind.

But I am not happy with this explanation.

I think The main reason is that Traditional Dictionary like E-V Dict only show you word for word explanation. That is it only shows you how an English word is interpreted in a Vietnamese word and vice versa.

Therefore, if you use Traditional Dictionary E-V, then you only learn superficially the word. But, you can not understand clearly and deeply the meanings of English & Vietnamese words.

In my opinion, the best way to learn Vocabulary (for translation) is practising to create the relationship between English meaning and Vietnamese meaning.

If you can do this, I am sure you can improve your translation because you can understand in depth the meanings of English word and the meanings of Vietnamese word.

Luckily, I have just develop a website that allow you to create the relationship between English meaning and Vietnamese meaning. That website is BraveKing.com. It contains BraveKing English Meaning against Vietnamese Meaning Dictionary .

Come back to our example! One day, I suddenly know the equivalent Eng word of "để bụng" based on my English Experience (I have lived in Australia for 5 years). So, I quickly record my Eng experience in BraveKing dictionary for later use.

If you wanna know what that Eng word (equivalent of "để bụng") is, please visit BraveKing.com & do the following:

- Register a Free BraveKing Account!

- Enter BraveKing Dictionary (Dict.BraveKing.com)

- enter the Viet Word "để bụng" in the text box under "Enter Vietnamese word here" (in the right hand side of the page).

- Click Search button under that text box.

- Click the Round Radio Button right ahead of the Viet Meaning, you will see the equivalent Eng words. Click the radio button next to that Eng words (in the middle of the page), u will see the long description of that Eng Word.

Please don't forget to tell me how you think BraveKing dictionary.

Cheers,

Hung Ha
    Last edited by hung_tutor; 07-05-2007 at 04:28 PM.