Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Help to check a translation

Thread: Help to check a translation

Dominique

Default Help to check a translation

Could someone please check - and complement - the tentative translation I made of the following ? Thank you.

đội này phức tạp nhỉ, trong khi cuộc sống đã rất phức tạp rồi.
    Là đàn ông với nhau sao ko thẳng thắn, chẳng lẽ kém cả (name, the person writing) với mấy cô bạn!
    Thật ra, chuyện của anh với X đã có gì gọi là sâu đậm lắm đâu, vấn đề là anh và X gặp nhau đúng thời điểm, vậy nên vẫn còn nghĩ đến X, nhưng nên tự lập cho mình một điều lệ, đừng để rồi suốt ngày phải nghĩ ngợi, trong cuộc sống có nhiều thứ phải suy nghĩ lo lắng, liệu có nên tốn thời gian?

→ This is complex, life was very complicated then
    Men are not straightforward to each other, there is no reason why it should be different with my friends!
    In fact, with your story with X, there was what is called deep deep pain, the problem is that you and X met at the right time, so it is still in X's mind, but it should be independent ?????????, not to then worry about it throughout the day, life has many things to worry about, ??? one has to pay for time ?

Đời người ngắn ngủi lắm, nhiều lúc sẽ ko tránh khỏi buồn nhưng cũng phải biết ịnjoin cuộc sống chứ.

→ Life's too short, many times you can't avoid sadness but you must also know how to enjoy life.

Tính em clear trong mọi chuyện, ngay chồng em còn hiểu tính em: Nếu một ngày có người nào mà em thích và nghiêm túc em sẽ rời chồng ngay. Và điều này thì cũng chính chồng em nói ra.

→ My character is clear in all matters, my husband understands my character : If one day there is anyone that I like and is serious, I will leave my husband immediately. And this is also what my husband says.

Hôm kia đèo chồng trên xe honda còn gặp 1 cậu đã từng chasing em từ năm 96 sau đó thì cậu ấy về Úc, bữa rồi cậu ấy nhìn thấy, chẳng dừng xe, chỉ giơ tay chào, vì những chuyện gì trong hơn 10 năm chắc tụi bạn cũng đã tua hết cho nó nghe.

→ Yesterday I was driving my husband on my Honda, I met one guy who had been chasing me since 96, after that he went back to Australia, (bữa rồi??????????) this guy saw me, (he/I ?) didn't stop the motorbike, just waved hands, because what is there after over 10 years sure you don't have any more feelings for the other one.
    Last edited by Dominique; 08-18-2009 at 04:29 PM.

đội này phức tạp nhỉ, trong khi cuộc sống đã rất phức tạp rồi.
    Là đàn ông với nhau sao ko thẳng thắn, chẳng lẽ kém cả (name, the person writing) với mấy cô bạn!
    Thật ra, chuyện của anh với X đã có gì gọi là sâu đậm lắm đâu, vấn đề là anh và X gặp nhau đúng thời điểm, vậy nên vẫn còn nghĩ đến X, nhưng nên tự lập cho mình một điều lệ, đừng để rồi suốt ngày phải nghĩ ngợi, trong cuộc sống có nhiều thứ phải suy nghĩ lo lắng, liệu có nên tốn thời gian?

Be a man why (you/he/she-dont know) are not straightforward to each other, there is no reason why (you/he/she-dont know) is inferior to (name) and friends!
    In fact, with your story with X, there was nothing is too profound, the problem is that you and X met at the right time, so you are still think of X, but you should make yourself a rule, not to then worry about it throughout the day, life has many things to worry about, should you waste your time?

Hôm kia đèo chồng trên xe honda còn gặp 1 cậu đã từng chasing em từ năm 96 sau đó thì cậu ấy về Úc, bữa rồi cậu ấy nhìn thấy, chẳng dừng xe, chỉ giơ tay chào, vì những chuyện gì trong hơn 10 năm chắc tụi bạn cũng đã tua hết cho nó nghe.

→ Yesterday I was driving my husband on my Honda, I met one guy who had been chasing me since 96, after that he went back to Australia, a day this guy saw me, he didn't stop the motorbike, just waved hands, because what is there after over 10 years sure his friends also told him already

else things are oke

Dominique

Thank you Vietnamese4u
    Comforting to see that some parts are right :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    Could someone please check - and complement - the tentative translation I made of the following ? Thank you.

Men are not straightforward to each other, there is no reason why it should be different with my friends!
    In fact, with your story with X, there was what is called deep deep pain, the problem is that you and X met at the right time, so it is still in X's mind, but it should be independent ?????????, not to then worry about it throughout the day, life has many things to worry about, ??? one has to pay for time ?

This is complex, life was very complicated then.
    Men are not straightforward to each other, (comma splice: add "so")there is no reason why it should be different with my friends!
    In fact, with your story with X, there was what is called deep deep pain, the problem is that you and X met at the right time, so it is still in X's mind, but it should be independent ?????????, not to then worry about it throughout the day, life has many things to worry about, ??? one has to pay for time (run-on sentence)(AKA fused sentence)

I dont know how to correct this paragraph though.

Đời người ngắn ngủi lắm, nhiều lúc sẽ ko tránh khỏi buồn nhưng cũng phải biết ịnjoin cuộc sống chứ.

→ Life's too short, many times you can't avoid sadness but you must also know how to enjoy life.
    ==> Life is too short. Many times you can't avoid sadness, but you must also know how to enjoy life.

Tính em clear trong mọi chuyện, ngay chồng em còn hiểu tính em: Nếu một ngày có người nào mà em thích và nghiêm túc em sẽ rời chồng ngay. Và điều này thì cũng chính chồng em nói ra.

→ My character is clear in all matters, my husband understands my character : If one day there is anyone that I like and is serious, I will leave my husband immediately. And this is also what my husband says.

My personallity is straightforward, and my husband know that. He said, "You can go with whoever you seriously love."

→ Yesterday I was driving my husband on my Honda, I met one guy who had been chasing me since 96, after that he went back to Australia, (bữa rồi??????????) this guy saw me, (he/I ?) didn't stop the motorbike, just waved hands, because what is there after over 10 years sure you don't have any more feelings for the other one.
    The other day, while I rode my husband on my motorbike, I saw a guy who had courted me since 96. After that he moved to Australia. He saw me and my husband. He didnt stop, just raised his hand to greet. Because of what happened over 10 years ago....(this sentence aint making sense to me, so I cant translate )
    .................................................. ............ MY try
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!