Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Speaking English, what did you notice? make a discussion here...

Thread: Speaking English, what did you notice? make a discussion here...

Threaded View

Default Speaking English, what did you notice? make a discussion here...

some of you who have reached the level where you are able to make conversation with confidence may sometimes notice one thing. that is there are certain points of time you feel like it is so easy to get the words coming out of your mouth, you express what you want to say so fluently and you feel great, your tongue is just so flexible that you can pronounce everything the way it should be. In the contrary, there are also times you feel the words are stuck inside, something wrong with the tongue, you just cant seem to find the words and you just mumble, the level of confidence is low and you just dont know why.

how does this happen? how do you avoid this? let's make a discussion here

my thoughts are:

1/ know the topic: i notice that when you have knowledge in the topic, or in other words, you know what you are talking about, then you speak with confidence.
    lesson learnt: prepare in your mind what you want to say, if you dont have anything in your head, nothing coming out of your mouth.

2/ excitement: you like the topic, you like what you are talking so much, even before you end your sentence, the next thing you want to say is already there in your head you just cant wait to speak it out.
    lesson learnt: if you practice, steer the conversation to an interesting topic.

3/ level of energy; using english is like using your unfavoured hand (i forgot the correct word to say - tay khong thuan) it costs you more energy than usual. imagine even to use vietnamese when you are tired is difficult. so stay healthy to learn english.

4/ you have bad listener: whenever you say your opinion, your listeners seem to reject your opinion, they prefer to talk and stay irrational.
    lesson learnt: to practice english, you choose the one who are open minded, i am not telling you to choose the one who nods his head to everything you say. choose it wisely, and be open minded.

i believe there are more, give me your thoughts. we need some discussion here.

Chiefsmoke
    Last edited by chiefsmoke; 11-28-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: lession to lesson