Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Red Book

Thread: Red Book

Default Red Book

Please help me to understand "Red Book" and ownership of property in Vietnam.

I don't think we have a "Red Book" or at least we don't call it "Red Book" like Chinese. But we do have some guidelines and it depended on where you work.
    Ownership of property is another broad subject but I will tell you what I know. Only the person who have Vietnamese citizen can own a property. Foreigner can only own the property for a certain amount of time like 40-50 years then it will go back to the government. The law of "ownership of property" in Vn is changing every year or so. You need to ask lawyers or realtors.

Thank you PP. have friend who gave neighbor money for land that he occupied. my freind built a house on the land three years ago but never got official land use rights (red book or other name) friend now whats to get land use right document. is this possible and do you think it would be very costly? i know i should talk to lawyer but it is good to talk to others too. Thanks again for your opinion.

I must warn you the paper work procedure in VN is horrible, you can't always get what you need, it will take more than a couple office visits and a few free headache. Your friend need someone who live in VN to help him/her.

Thanks for all the help but now I no longer have to worry about this. It seems my friend who lives in Vietnam has found someone else to help her with this issue. I'm happy but sad about this too. I'm happy that I will not have to spend the money, but sad to learn that her kindness was intended for the help with red book and not to express her attraction to me.
    I do not regret however, the time we spent together and the things she taught me about the goodness that i still believe is at the heart of most Vietnamese women. Unlike the Vietnamese saying, for me, the worm in the soup has not ruined the whole bowl. I still long for and respect Vietnamese women and the decency that most of them possess. The only bad thing is that now i do not have an excuse to visit Nha Trang...lol

But who knows, maybe i'll find another VN Woman to love.

or, a women will come to you, huh?