Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
How did you guys start to learn vietnamese?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you guys start to learn vietnamese?

Default How did you guys start to learn vietnamese?

Anybody got an effective way to start? (besides get vietnamese lady to date)

Is there really no comment for this? i really want to learn it seriously pls..

search on the internet^.^

Talking live like a candle which burns itself but gives light to others

Quote Originally Posted by lullaby90 View Post
    search on the internet^.^
    just try try try

Find someone who speaks Vietnamese fluently, communicates clearly, and pronounces Vietnamese correctly. If that person has a clear, strong voice then that is a bonus! Speaking fluently here also refers to using grammar correctly.
    I was lucky. I had a good teacher. I also have good resources in my family. My mother has a strong voice.
    Last edited by treatmekindly; 03-19-2010 at 07:18 PM.
    *Nếu bạn hay bạn biết người Việt nào cần người kèm học Anh Văn, chat bằng tiếng Anh, thông dịch hai chiều, hoặc viết thư tiếng Anh, vui lòng liên lạc tôi.
    *Nếu biết ai (bất cứ ở nơi nào) cần người giúp giải từng bài toán, vui lòng ghé đến http://mathtutorlivehelp.blogspot.com . Tôi đã từng đứng nhất lớp toán và cũng là học sinh xuất sắc nhất toàn trường nhiều lần nên có thể chỉ lại bí quyết học để em/con/cháu của bạn được điểm cao hơn trong môn toán hay những môn học khác.

rat tiec la minh khong thich toan ^.^

ic..thanks for the advice i'll find 1

Check:
    1. Suggest look for Vietnamese people in your community area and ask for help.
    2. Try Youtube video search Vietnam language or Vietnamese language and start. A check shows me there are resources to choose from:
    example: vietnamese101 videos. by Bud Brown
    I guess I'm old fashioned so my first idea was traditional i.e. a book with CDs, and outdated free internet courses, Hi! I like having a book but youtube the video looks helpful better than just audio. I am hoping to find a teacher still!
    Mangosteen
    Last edited by n4qnx; 03-29-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: add comments/update

Want to learn Vietnamese? Get a Vietnamese friend, that's it. Vietnamese is a tonal language that is very difficult to learn how to speak correctly without help from someone who can speak the language well.
    Ideally, you want to get someone who can speak the language fluently and correctly.
    Most ppl from Hanoi can pronounce correctly (I don't say the North, because obviously many ppl from the North can't pronounce correctly)
    That doesn't mean people from other areas can't pronounce correctly though, I'm from Saigon and I can pronounce everything correctly if I want to. I happen to have a teach from Hanoi when I was in Elementary school so I can speak in the Northen dialect as well (just a bit, people from the North will recognize that my dialect is not 100% Northern ^_^)

Hey andy! its nice to here that you want to learn Vietnamese.i'm willing to help you with this! i'm hanoian, pm me when you need someone to talk in Vietnamese.may be it's hard at first,but don't worry! it will be much better soon.
    my YahooID: kool_n_shock
    or you want to hear a male voice just call me :+84976504460.

have fun!
    Last edited by boyvuivehn88; 04-15-2010 at 03:26 PM.