Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
English into Vnese

Thread: English into Vnese

Default English into Vnese

dịch giùm cháu-em đoạn này với :
    " i need you by my side, everytime i'm by your side is when i'm really at home, every single second that i live i'm thinking of you, how we met was destiny our love is honest and true, tell me what am i supposed to do if i ain't got you here, i wanna be the one that's by your side through the years, wanna be the one who's gonna fight away all your tears, replacing it with happiness and take away all your fears, and i know it that one day for sure you're gonna be my wife "
    -Làm ơn giải thích giùm cháu-em cái từ "ain" trong câu "i ain't got you here"

Thank you !!!
    next week i will go back to school !!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by dethuong_x0x View Post
    " i need you by my side, everytime i'm by your side is when i'm really at home, every single second that i live i'm thinking of you, how we met was destiny our love is honest and true, tell me what am i supposed to do if i ain't got you here, i wanna be the one that's by your side through the years, wanna be the one who's gonna fight away all your tears, replacing it with happiness and take away all your fears, and i know it that one day for sure you're gonna be my wife "

Thank you !!!
    Nonstandard.

1. Contraction of am not.
    2. Used also as a contraction for are not, is not, has not, and have not.

USAGE NOTE Ain't has a long history of controversy. It first appeared in 1778, evolving from an earlier an't, which arose almost a century earlier as a contraction of are not and am not. In fact, ain't arose at the tail end of an era that saw the introduction of a number of our most common contractions, including don't and won't. But while don't and won't eventually became accepted at all levels of speech and writing, ain't was to receive a barrage of criticism in the 19th century for having no set sequence of words from which it can be contracted and for being a “vulgarism,” that is, a term used by the lower classes, although an't at least had been originally used by the upper classes as well. At the same time ain't's uses were multiplying to include has not, have not, and is not, by influence of forms like ha'n't and i'n't. It may be that these extended uses helped fuel the negative reaction. Whatever the case, criticism of ain't by usage commentators and teachers has not subsided, and the use of ain't is often regarded as a sign of ignorance. • But despite all the attempts to ban it, ain't continues to enjoy extensive use in speech. Even educated and upper-class speakers see no substitute in folksy expressions such as Say it ain't so and You ain't seen nothin' yet. • The stigmatization of ain't leaves us with no happy alternative for use in first-person questions. The widely used aren't I? though illogical, was found acceptable for use in speech by a majority of the Usage Panel in an earlier survey, but in writing there is no acceptable substitute for the stilted am I not?

bcerius

Quote Originally Posted by dethuong_x0x View Post

Thank you !!!
    Tôi cần có em bên cạnh. Mỗi khi gần em tôi thấy như mình đang ở nhà. Tôi nhớ em từng giây phút. Sự gặp gỡ giữa chúng ta là định mệnh. Tình yêu giữa chúng ta là chân thật. Tôi phải làm gì nếu không có em bên cạnh? Tôi muốn kề cận em trong những năm tháng tới. Tối muốn (fight away your tears? probably meant wipe away your tears) lau những giọt lệ trên mắt em và thay thế vào đó bằng sự hạnh phúc. Và tôi cũng muốn lấy đi những sợ hãi của em. Tôi biết, một ngày nào đó em sẽ là vợ của tôi.

ain't là tiếng lóng - từ chữ am not. I am not = I ain't. Ain't chỉ nên dùng trong văn nói thông thường. Không nên dùng trong văn viết.

Default till -- until

cho em hỏi till until là sử dụng như nhau phải ko?