Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Singaporean trying to learn Vietnamese
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singaporean trying to learn Vietnamese

Default Singaporean trying to learn Vietnamese

Sin Chao!

I am an English speaking Singaporean that have just returned from a 20days long backpacking tour in Vietnam. I'm hooked! - to the place, the culture, the people. As such, I've made up my mind to be back in a year and be able to speak basic Vietnamese by then.

Did a little research on the internet and found that it'll be a good idea to watch Vietnamese movies/dramas subbed in English. Does anyone know where I can download those?

Any other suggestions? I'm not one that can sit down, read from a Vietnamese-English dictionary and remember, so nothing boring please! Cam on in advance!

Regards,
    Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by my_SLK View Post
    Sin Chao!

I am an English speaking Singaporean that have just returned from a 20days long backpacking tour in Vietnam. I'm hooked! - to the place, the culture, the people. As such, I've made up my mind to be back in a year and be able to speak basic Vietnamese by then.

Did a little research on the internet and found that it'll be a good idea to watch Vietnamese movies/dramas subbed in English. Does anyone know where I can download those?

Any other suggestions? I'm not one that can sit down, read from a Vietnamese-English dictionary and remember, so nothing boring please! Cam on in advance!

Regards,
    Edwin
    Xin chào
    It's simple to download films with Vietnamese subtitles. First, you google for "Vietnamse subtitles", whichever film they may be. Then, search for that film, trying the phrase "....=name of the film + rapidshare". You can follow the link of rapidshare to download. That's how I download film on internet.
    Besides, I believe that there're lots of Vietnamese in Singapore. You can make friends with them and practice Vietnamese.
    Hope you will have fun with learning Vietnamese.

Hey!

I'm looking for Vietnamese films that are subbed in English, not the other way round. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Hey!

I'm looking for Vietnamese films that are subbed in English, not the other way round. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
    Oops, I am sorry for not reading it carefully. In that case, I am glad that anyone can suggest such films too. I want to introduce my international friends some but I can't.

Hey!

There are 2 that come to mind:
    Indochine
    The scent of green papaya

Xin Chao,
    Here are some for you:

Mặt Trời Chiều Thẳng Đứng - The Vertical Ray of the Sun
    Xích Lô -Cyclo
    Mùa Len Trâu - Buffalo Boy
    Ba Mùa - Three Seasons
    Buổi Sáng Đầu Năm - First Morning
    Vượt Sóng - Journey From the Fall
    Đất Khô - Land of Sorrows

Regret to Inform - Mostly English
    Heaven & Earth - Mostly English
    When Heaven and Earth Changed Places - English
    Last edited by chickendog; 03-20-2009 at 12:38 PM.
    To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
    -Abraham Maslow

Quote Originally Posted by chickendog View Post
    Xin Chao,
    Here are some for you:

Mặt Trời Chiều Thẳng Đứng - The Vertical Ray of the Sun
    Xích Lô -Cyclo
    Mùa Len Trâu - Buffalo Boy
    Ba Mùa - Three Seasons
    Buổi Sáng Đầu Năm - First Morning
    Vượt Sóng - Journey From the Fall
    Đất Khô - Land of Sorrows

Regret to Inform - Mostly English
    Heaven & Earth - Mostly English
    When Heaven and Earth Changed Places - English
    Those are such nice film and can be a good image of VN to foreingers. But the problem is that I can't find a link to download or watch them online.

@ My-SLK: I saw this film by chance: Giai cuu than chet - The kiss of the death. It's a commercial film, just for purely recreational reason, but it has an English subtitle.
    It is about the love between a girl and the Death's son. He is ordered to end her life by kissing her. Then, they come to fall in love with each other and ... happily ever after (a little ridiculous).
    You can follow this link: http://phim88.com/online/index.php?a...pe=30&id=36522. (5 parts in total).
    Have fun (chuc vui ve)

foryou1437

how about some foreign soaps in Vietnamese?
    If there are any ,please give me a Link for download . Thanks in advance

Hi,

You can download "Nụ hôn thần chết" (Nu hon than chet) at: http://movie.zing.vn/Movie/nu-hon-th...anh/m5427.html
    or view online by searching with keyword "Nu hon than chet + phim online" or "Nụ hôn thần chết + online" (remember remove quote)

Hope you enjoy!
    If I make a mistake when I write in English, advise me right away. If not, I won't know where I'm wrong (cám ơn carolton67 đã sữa giúp)

Nếu tôi có viết tiếng Anh sai chỗ nào, chỉ tôi liền nhé! Chứ không ấy thì tôi chả biết tôi sai nữa!

spider_90

Learning Vietnamese is likely learning foreign language, so it’s useful to use or listen Vietnamese as much as possible……… you chose a good way, watching films subbed Vietnamese, it showed that you have experimental in learning foreign language. .
    You can’t sit down, read from a Vietnamese-English dictionary and remember, since it’s boring, I can feel that :P.
    So why don’t you go out and make a friend with Vietnamese who is good at English. It’s not the best way ,but I think it is better than reading from a Vietnamese-English dictionary.