Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Red Book
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Book

Default Red Book

Please help me to understand "Red Book" and ownership of property in Vietnam.

ah, that is the certificate of land use right. the land is owned by the state and the state allows a person to use the land in a while, 20, 30, 50 years. this permission is written in a paper whose cover is in red/pink... the cover page says Certificate of Land Use Right and the left inner page says name of the issuee, area, time of use of the land. the right inner page shows the map of the land with its boundaries.

Thank you fija, that is very helpful. May i ask..what determines the length of the use? And how much is the cost for Red Book if land is already purchased and home built on the land? Is the fee based on percentage of value?

Redbook is vietnamese version of Certificate of Land Title, the difference is that in Vietnam the government owns all the land and its people own the right to use the land. If I am not wrong there is no time limit attached to this ownership. It is very difficult to get a Redbook for your property, it is a lengthy process because you have to go through a lot red tape before you case can be heard. I haven't heard or seen anybody can get a redbook without brown paper bags under the tabe or kick back. If your house was built long time ago then it is easier and cheaper than it was recently built without a building permit. It also depends on how much paper you can prove ownership, and at the time of the purchase was the paper work done in a proper maner. If you are serious about this you should consult your solicitor in Vietnam, to make sure you are on the right track. Otherwise you will lose your money for nothing. Good Luck.

Thank you camtieu. I was curious about the brown paper bag thing too. i think this is common in Vietnam..and otherplaces too I'm sure.

normally, maximum length is half a century, often applied to residential land. agricultural land varies from 20 to 30 years, depending on the species of what you are rising on the land. forestry land is cheaper than urban one. i know a person who owns 8,000 hectares in some province in the north and he paid not more than (i'm not sure) usd500 per ha.

Thanks for all the help but now I no longer have to worry about this. It seems my friend who lives in Vietnam has found someone else to help her with this issue. I'm happy but sad about this too. I'm happy that I will not have to spend the money, but sad to learn that her kindness was intended for the help with red book and not to express her attraction to me.
    I do not regret however, the time we spent together and the things she taught me about the goodness that i still believe is at the heart of most Vietnamese women. Unlike the Vietnamese saying, for me, the worm in the soup has not ruined the whole bowl. I still long for and respect Vietnamese women and the decency that most of them possess. The only bad thing is that now i do not have an excuse to visit Nha Trang...lol

But who knows, maybe i'll find another VN Woman to love.

sure, just wait, there is not only a woman in this world...

Thanks Fija,
    More than one fish in the sea. Right?

you're right, Michael!