Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Learning English! Easy or difficult?

Thread: Learning English! Easy or difficult?

dolphin

Default Learning English! Easy or difficult?

Hi,minh doc duoc article này, thấy hay nên post lên để mọi người cùng thưởng thức và đàm luận tiếp!...
    Do you find English spelling difficult?
    Bạn thấy học tiếng Anh khó nhất là gì? Đó là cách phát âm? Hay ngữ điệu? Hay các thì của động từ? Hay là cách dùng giới từ trong tiếng Anh?
    Hãy chia sẻ các kinh nghiệm học tiếng Anh của bạn với các thính giả khác của đài BBC. Với bạn cái gì là khó nhất khi học tiếng Anh.

Liệu các bạn có phân biệt được sự khác nhau giữa go và come, dù khi dịch sang tiếng Việt đều có nghĩa là đi? Và liệu bạn có biết cách dùng thì hoàn thành, perfect, một thì của động từ không có trong tiếng Việt?

What's the most difficult thing about learning English? Is it the pronunciation? the intonation? the past tense? the prepositions? What are your biggest difficulties?

You can share your experiences of learning English with other listeners.

I found the perfect tense quite difficult to grasp, as we don't have the perfect tense (or the equivalent) in Vietnamese. So it takes some time to get used to, although everything seems to become clearer after a while.

I also often misuse some of the English words such as come and go, or take and bring because when we translate them into Vietnamese, we have the same word as đi or mang, and they seem very similar to me, so I find it quite difficult to use them correctly.

Share with us here your experience of learning English, and what you think are the most difficult things you have faced so far when learning English.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minh, Exeter, England
    All over the time at second school and high school, my English lessons had never given me enough confident to talk in English. I had never thought of going out of Vietnam and speak English well.

However, one day, i had started learning English naturally by looking at the signs in streets. Only one or two words every day but i had enjoyed it and as you see now, my Enhlish is much better. I just want to say that, English is not very difficult as long as you enjoy it and use it all the time if it's possible. Good luck for you all.

Nguyên, Úc
    I studied English for 4 years before I left Vietnam and was considered as a good student in Uni. But I found that my speaking and listening skills were very poor when I arrived Australia 7 years ago. The native speakers could not understand me and I could not understand all of what they said. The reason was that University in VN did not pay attention so much in pronunciation practice and there weren’t any native speakers to teach pronunciation. This is a problem for all Vietnamese students coming to Australia to study.

However, I was and am trying to study pronunciation by myself from some web sites which we all find useful:

http://www.soundsofenglish.org/pronunciation/

http://www.uiowa.edu/~acadtech/phone.../frameset.html

http://evaeaston.com/pr/consonants.html

I am now working part time as an IT teacher in TAFE college and full time working for a PhD degree in Education. Though I listen, speak, read, and write English every day, I am finding that my pronunciation is still deficient.

My biggest difficulties with English are Speaking and Writing. I have had chats with many English teachers for NESB (Non English Speaker background) and found out that many Vietnamese ( I among them) have had the habit of dropping their final consonants. They suggested that we should slow down when talking and concentrate on pronunciation until we get used to it, and then start talking quickly.

We also need to use cassette recorders to get feedback. If we have the opportunity, try to meet native speakers for practising. We need to practise and practise.

For writing, we need to write every day and get it checked by a good native speaker, preferably with some knowledge of subject. We need to read widely and look carefully at the way they write, for example, the way they join sentences together, when to use “a” or “the” or nothing to distinguish the generic from the specific.

We should also use thesauri to find the most apposite words. http://dictionary.reference.com/ My writing is considered good by my supervisors but it is very hard work. Again , practise, practise, practise!!!!

Leno, New Orleans
    I am American and even I myself feel learning a foreign language so so hard, especially a language that have much difference from your mother touge. I am now learning Vietnamese and I often take opportunities to practice Vietnamese everywhere. I often use ws http://vdict.com/ and it's really helpful. So my vocabulary and listening skills are quite good but speaking is terrible. I think that's the same problem that Vietnamse learning English copes up with: Don't have chance to practice speaking skill

Ngọc Huy, Vinh
    Theo tôi, để học tốt tiếng Anh cũng cần và có nhiều cấp và mức độ khác nhau. Nếu mới học thì thật khổ cực về thì (tense). Và ở mức độ cao hơn thì pronuciation thật quan trọng và khó.

Học trò dốt
    Về cách phát âm tiếng Anh, có người khôi hài rằng "Người Anh biết viết mà không biết đọc" cho nên phần đông bị trở ngại khi tập đọc, học một biết một, chứ không dễ dàng như tiếng Việt, tiếng Pháp là đọc được một chữ là biết đọc mười chữ khác. Tuy nhiên chữ Việt mình rồi cũng sẽ khó như vậy, chẳng hạn bây giờ có nhiều học trò lười viết "ko" bạn không thể đọc là "co" mà phải đọc là "không".

Hồng Hương
    I am working at a shipping line in Ho Chi MInh City. My job make me use English. I think to learn a language is difficult. However it doesn't mean that you can't learn it. My teacher used to say to me: if you want to learn a language you must practise it everywhere.

Example: When you take a walk along a street you can see vocabulary. It highly probable that you cann't understand its meaning. You try to remember it or write it in your handbook. After that you can look up the word in a dictionary. And I think it is a way to learn English. And the best way to learn English is you always feel interesting when you learn it.

Nguyễn Hiền, Vũng Tàu
    Mình cũng là một Sinh Viên học Tiếng Anh như là một môn chính, nhưng mình cảm thấy buồn lắm, vì mình không biết cách học Tiếng anh. Mình không dám nói, mà cũng không biết nói gì nữa, mình thấy 4 kĩ năng mình đều yếu. Mình cảm thấy buồn lắm.

Duy Khoa, TP. HCM
    Theo mình nghĩ, có một cách học Tiếng Anh cũng khá đơn giản như sau: hằng ngày bạn gặp rất nhiều thứ phải không? vậy hãy gọi nó bằng Tiếng Anh xem. Ví dụ: khi thấy siêu thị hãy nói super market, khi thấy tiệm giặt ủi hãy gọi laundry, trạm xăng là gas station... nhiều lắm, như vậy bạn sẽ nhớ những từ đó vì bạn gặp nó hằng ngày mà.

Khi bạn đang làm gì thì hãy mô tả nó bằng tiếng Anh vd: Tôi đang lái xe mô tô hãy nói là i'm riding motocycle on HV Street... Nhờ cách học này mà mình đã nhớ được nhiều từ đơn giản, nhiều câu đơn giản đó. Các bạn thử xem!

Lê Huy, Hải Phòng
    I am an executive officer of a shipping lines in Hanoi. I have to use English in writing and speaking daily but I always feel that my English seems not to be well. Today, I found this forum and think that its realy useful for everybody.

The Vietnamese overseas touch English for internal communication and Internal Vietnamese use Vietnamese standard grammar for overseas. I am very happy, Its shows that our nation is a united and oneness of mind.

Đông Quân, Seattle
    It is easy to understand why many people from the language center want to leave : 1- fisrt , after the period of courting finished, the young couples would like to seek another place where they not only study better, but also romantic sphere in oder to discuss each other with higher quality...

2-Learning English is interesting activity, so you had better choose a bossom friend who can share with you many mistakes as well as share with you about daily neccessary that The God gave to you. It is the law of nature.

Lan, Anh Quốc
    As an Englishman, I am always very impressed by the level of understanding that most people of the world have of my language. It must take dedication, patience and passion to attain such high standards :-). A useful way to improve written English, and learn expressions would be to try and make chat friends with a native speaker, on Yahoo for example. Best wishes to you all!

Nguyễn Chánh, Sydney
    Có người cho rằng học Anh ngữ phải học nhiều Vocabulary, có người bảo phải học Grammar. Có người bảo tốt nhất là lấy vợ nói tiếng Anh (đúng quá rồi đó).

Bạn bè tôi có nhiều người đậu cử nhân thông phiên dịch, nhưng nghe và nói không bằng đứa nhỏ người Úc. Có bạn giận quá, thành hôn với một cô gái gốc Hi Lạp (sanh đẻ tại Úc). Hai năm sau, anh ấy nói tiếng Anh như gió. Ở Úc, cũng có nhìều cha mẹ người Việt muốn giỏi tiếng Anh, đã phải dùng Anh ngữ với con cái trong nhà (dĩ nhiên con cái sẽ quên Việt ngữ).

Kết luận: muốn giỏi tiếng Anh phải nghe nói thường xuyên, hàng ngày, hàng giờ.

Last edited by dolphin; 04-05-2007 at 06:35 PM.