Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
I wanna hear Viet

Thread: I wanna hear Viet

Default I wanna hear Viet

Hi there viet dict community, I appreciate the site but I notice there is english pronunciation on the translation site but there doesn't seem to be Vietnamese pronuciation and I need to hear the words and phrases spoken.

Can anyone advise on this? cam on John.

Ilikemydict

Hummm, that would be nice but I don't think Vdict has that feature yet. And to make that more difficult, Vietnam has three regions (South, Central and North) that pronouce a little different for a word. For example, the world rồi (which means finish), the Southern most people would pronounce it as gồi, the Northern's people would pronounce it as zồi, and you will get a kick out when the Central's people say it the correct pronouciation would be rồi. So which version do you want John? Humm I wonder how the Chợ Lớn people pronounce it? Anyone has any ideas?

Default I'm Learning

Thanks for your reply, this is a great site for me, I have many friends in Vietnam and I am so keen to enjoy their humor and stories.

I have been using a Vietnamese language program that uses the northern speak and you are so right on the difference and I notice your example a lot.

Coming from english of course we have to be aware of hundreds of different dialects within each english speaking country.

For me I just need to hear viet while I have only my computer, where I live
    the isolation leaves me without any conversation for days.

Reading of course is the big challenge and I'd like to have some tips on that.
    I guess intense study.

cam on, John

Hello John!
    I am learning English.
    Can i make friends with you??

Cool

Hello, I want to improve my understanding of Vietnamese.

VDict doesn't have spoken pronunciation of Vietnamese.

Do you know where there is.

cheers, John