Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Discuss Sport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discuss Sport

Question Discuss Sport

I must write about the important role of the sport in our life . I asked my self what i should write in my own essay. Of course, when we talk about sport ,immediately, we think about health . Health and sport , they have a close connection. If we play a lot of sport , we will be in good health .
    But it's so difficult to interpret this idea in scientific way. And there is only one idea to discuss sport, really? I don't believe that there is only one idea.
    GUYS, can you give some more? I really need your help

Cool

Sport plays an important role in our life.
    Indeed, the best thing that sport bring to us is the good health. You dreamed about a healthy and well -propotion body ? And you just ate and drank in moderation ? Finally, your dream couldn’t come true. The secret is sport. Following the actual evidences , I can tell “ No sport , no health”. Ranging from nutrition to the treatment of injuries, as the knowledge of the human body has deepened over time, an athlete's potential has been increased. Athletes are now able to play to an older age, recover more quickly from injuries, and train more effectively than previous generations of athlete.(This sentences are not my words )For example,my aunt eats , drinks moderately and beside she does sport everyday,she plays badminton in the morning , goes jogging along the lakeshore in the evening and on Sunday, she’s in the swimming club . Therefore, she is always in good look , always happy and healthy.
    I don’t know how to go on. Give me some ideas. Thanks

Cool

Sport plays an important role in our life.
    Indeed, the best thing that sport brings to us is the good health. You dreamed about a healthy and well -propotion body ? And you just ate and drank in moderation ? Finally, your dream couldn’t come true. The secret is sport. Following the actual evidences , I can tell “ No sport , no health”. Ranging from nutrition to the treatment of injuries, as the knowledge of the human body has deepened over time, an athlete's potential has been increased. Athletes are now able to play to an older age, recover more quickly from injuries, and train more effectively than previous generations of athlete.(This sentences are not my words )For example,my aunt eats , drinks moderately and beside she does sport everyday,she plays badminton in the morning , goes jogging along the lakeshore in the evening and on Sunday, she’s in the swimming club . Therefore, she is always in good look , always happy and healthy.
    I don’t know how to go on. Give me some ideas. Thanks

First, it's Sports not sport. You can write that participating in Sports will maintain good health by strengthening bones and muscles because these will weaken as we get older, improve blood flow, which is good for the heart. Sports can also provide flexibility and dexterity to the muscles of the body. For societal value, Sports unites people when they are playing on the same team or cheering for the same team. People don't care about race, color, ethnicity when they participate in Sports. Children participating in Sport activities and teams learn about discipline, responsibility, team-work, confidence, respect, leadership, sportsmanship, and humility. All of these are also important life skills.

Cool

I understood your points.You're right.
    But i wonder if i should give any concrete proof ,if i do the essay will be more persuative.Do u think so?
    And last night , I just got an idea. It's not so bad:"Some people live by playing sports, and they are sport-men.For example :the best professional soccer players are paid very well. When players change from one team to another , the team that " buys" the player sometimes pays between $200000 and $2000000 for him. With that salary, each-soccerplayer can feed all his family ." SO, what do you think ?

Thumbs up

To give an example, i have only one way- " for example". Is there any other way to give one? My vocabulary is not so rich but i'll attempt to learn more
    I don't know if my essay must have 3 part like the essay we always write in Vietnamese at shool. Actually, I'm really a neophyte

What class is this for? English or Writing and what level? Usually a standard essay taught at the elementary school up to high school level has 5 paragraphs: the introduction (1st paragraph), the Body (Paragrah 2, 3, 4) and the Conclusion (last paragraph). In college they don't use this guideline but require longer essays. If an essay asks you to take a stand; for example to express a point of view for or against something then it is always good to provide examples in order to persuade the reader. If it is a general discussion essay on a subject you don't have to be persuasive, but you can always provide proof, if you want. Medical and Scientific evidence confirm that sports are good for a person's health. If you want to use this for proof, you can cite the many research studies on health and sports.

I forgot to answer your question about giving an example. You can use "for instance", "in the case of", "supposing"

I also forgot to give you an opinion about your soccer point. That goes into professional sports. Is it important then to play sports because you will get a lot of money? Then kids and old people should not play sports because they will not get paid? You can talk about professional sports if you want. It is a very big money making enterprise and many people enjoy watching professional sports. That goes back to what I said earlier. When people watch and enjoy sports they don't care about the race or color of athletes either. One more thing, I read what you wrote in an earlier post about your aunt swimming and doing all the activities. Be careful because that may be considered exercise.

Question I agree but

I agree with your points about my reason ,maybe I was not right when I gave that reason but in my opinion , sport & exercise are not too different. Would you mind explaining these two words clearly for me?