Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
làm phiền mọi người !!!

Thread: làm phiền mọi người !!!

Default làm phiền mọi người !!!

Em có 1 mớ homework cần đọc , hiểu . Em đã rất cố gắng tra nhiều từ điển để tìm ra nhiều nghĩa khác nhau của từ nhưng cuối cùng cái câu em muốn dịch nó vẫn cứ sao ấy ... sau đây là 1 số câu em muốn hỏi mấy anh chị
    -perhaps rum which had been distilled in New England
    -netting such a terrific gain that Queen Elizabeth
    - the fledgling English participation in the transatlantic slave trade to come to a screeching halt in the late 1560's
    -The Spaniards , still firmly believing that they were entitled to a complete monopoly of the northern transatlantic slave trade , were infuriated to discover
    -In addition to extreme overcrowding , there was also inadequate ventilation , not to mention little or no sanitation.
    -Their suffering was far from over
    -They came to due to their horrible stench .

Default Tránslation help

- Co the ruou Rum duoc cat o New England.
    - Gặt hái duoc su thanh dat kinh khung nay…. Ba Nu Hoang….
    - Su tham du cua Anh nuoi duong van de buon ban no le xuyen Atlantic (ben kia DTD) buoc phai hãm phanh lai ngay trong tieng rit dinh tai nhuc oc (nhu tieng xe lua tren duong ray) vao cuoi thap nien 1560.
    -Tay ban Nha, van con tin tuong manh liet rang ho hoan toan doc quyen viec buon ban no le phia Bac cua xuyen Atlantic, (dieu nay khi) kham pha ra duoc da lam tuc gian dien len….
    - Them vao van de dong nghet nhung nguoi, con co van de thieu thoang khi nua, do la chua noi den van de giu ve sinh kem coi hay la thieu han ve sinh.
    -Su dau don cua ho khong bao gio cham dut (con xa, con lau moi cham dut duoc)
    -Ho da den cái độ ma su hoi thoi that kinh khung,

“Tiếng Anh như gió, tiếng có tiếng không” MN

Dethuong đang học lịch sử hả? Lấy bản dịch của Manh Nguyen chỉ cần sửa một vài chổ cho chính xác với chữ, còn với ý thì có phần đúng.
    1) Netting such a terrific gain that Queen Elizabeth: Gặt hái được lợi lộc tuyệt vời cho nên Nữ Hoàng Elizabeth. Thành đạt tiếng anh là success; terrific không phải là kinh khủng mà thường dùng để khen một cái gì cực kỳ hay, tốt, hoặc đẹp.
    2) The fledgling English participation in the transatlantic slave trade to come to a screeching halt in the late 1560’s: Sự tham dư một cách non nớt của Anh trong việc buôn nô lệ xuyên vùng Atlantic đã đột ngột dừng hẳn vào cuối thập niên 1560. ( Từ “screeching halt” là một idiom để diễn tả sự ngừng lại một cách bất ngờ, gấp gáp.)
    3) They came to, due to their horrible stench: Họ đã tỉnh lại do chính mùi hôi thúi kinh khủng của họ.

Default Tham khảo

Dear Ms. Caronton67,

2) The fledgling English participation in the transatlantic slave trade to come to a screeching halt in the late 1560’s: Sự tham dư một cách non nớt của Anh trong việc buôn nô lệ xuyên vùng Atlantic đã đột ngột dừng hẳn vào

I have no glue how you translated fledgling (or fledging, present participle of..uesd as an adj.) into Vietnamse "mot cach non not, an adverb" or NON NOT, adj. These meanings amazed me.

fledge (flĕj)
    v. fledged, fledg·ing, fledg·es
    v. tr.

1. To take care of (a young bird) until it is ready to fly.
    2. To cover with or as if with feathers.
    3. To provide (an arrow) with feathers.

v. intr.

To grow the plumage necessary for flight."

Please, explain so we, members can understand you.
    Thanks a lot for your time and effort even it is effortless to you.

-Vâng !!! em đang lấy lớp African-American History để có thể tốt nghiệp high school vào năm nay ^^! Em còn nhiều cái để hỏi lắm nhưng mà em ngại hỏi nhiều thì phiền mọi người nên em vẫn còn đang tự tìm hiểu .
    -Yes !!! I'm taking African-American History class to graduate high school this year ^^! I'm having alot of unknow things for ask , but i'm still afraid of if i ask to much that will trouble ( annoy , fret , fex ... ) everybody , so i'm keeping searching it by myself .
    Em dịch thế có ổn ko ạ

Quote Originally Posted by MANH NGUYEN View Post
    Dear Ms. Caronton67,

2) The fledgling English participation in the transatlantic slave trade to come to a screeching halt in the late 1560’s: Sự tham dư một cách non nớt của Anh trong việc buôn nô lệ xuyên vùng Atlantic đã đột ngột dừng hẳn vào

I have no glue how you translated fledgling (or fledging, present participle of..uesd as an adj.) into Vietnamse "mot cach non not, an adverb" or NON NOT, adj. These meanings amazed me.

fledge (flĕj)
    v. fledged, fledg·ing, fledg·es
    v. tr.

1. To take care of (a young bird) until it is ready to fly.
    2. To cover with or as if with feathers.
    3. To provide (an arrow) with feathers.

v. intr.

To grow the plumage necessary for flight."

Please, explain so we, members can understand you.
    Thanks a lot for your time and effort even it is effortless to you.
    I meant: No clue. Sorry.

Manh Nguyen, you're right I did use it as an adverb, but I was only trying to make the sentence understandable. Bỏ ra mấy chữ "Một cách" thì non nớt trở thành adjective thôi. I used it like that because I recognized that sentence as being incomplete and grammatically incorrect as posted. This means that there is more to the sentence either before it or after. What the person posted were fragments of sentences and not complete sentences. If you want to literally take the meaning from the dictionary then it is "to bring up a young bird until it is ready to fly; to acquire feathers necessary for flight; to furnish with feathers or plumage." But it doesn't make sense when you translate it into Vietnamese. If you accept the English definition version then you have to use the complete definition in translation as relating only to birds. Here "fledging" is used more as a figure of speech and not literally when describing the English participation in the slave trade. Vietnamese have a similar figure of speech. Người Việt Nam thường hiểu câu "không đủ lông đủ cánh" có nghĩa là còn non nớt, yếu đuối. Similarly, "screeching halt" is a figure of speech. One does not translate these literally.