Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Hi Everyone

Thread: Hi Everyone

Smile Hi Everyone

I joined because I want to learn to read and speak Vietnamese. I have a Vietnamese friend who I can speak with to learn pronunciation, but they don't really have time to teach me the language. I don't have time to take lessons. Is there good software to learn Vietnamese. What do people think of Rosetta Stone? Links to web sites would be great! Nice to meet you all

hi there,

i'm also a new member here, it is just that i am a vietnamese. ;-)

i am indeed very proud there are more and more people now want to learn Vietnamese. i believe the country has much to learn apart from war and bombs. today i teach the other guys at my workplace who is not vietnamese to speak "i love you" in vietnamese, and he keeps saying that all day long, hee hee i had to tell him pls dont say that anymore to me.

back to your question about the software i made a search on the internet but seems like it is unavailable at the moment.
    i personally think you should need to have a friend who can speak vietnamese to you and may be you can teach him/her english in return, that way you can maintain it for a longtime. try SKYPE you can search for people with language as vietnamese and their location, i guess you can find quite many vietnamese living in your area too.

hope you can share with us how you learn vietnamese, it would also help the other vietnamese who are learning english / American english a lot of encouragement in their study knowing that at the other side of the world there are people struggling with vietnamese too. j/k hee hee

good luck,

Default Thank you so much

Your reply is friendly and informative and encouraging and funny, hì hì, that is my second vietnamese word. My first is nón, as in nón lá or straw hat. I think I will find some software to learn tiếng Viêt. When I drive to work would be a good time to study. I will first learn a word to tell bad drivers hìhì. Just kidding. I will learn only the good words, as I have plenty of English for that other purpose. I will also keep my eyes open to meet a Vietnamese person in my area to practice my vietnamese/ their english. I also have Skype. Thanks again for the nice reply.

Quote Originally Posted by stihly View Post
    Your reply is friendly and informative and encouraging and funny, hì hì, that is my second vietnamese word. My first is nón, as in nón lá or straw hat. I think I will find some software to learn tiếng Viêt. When I drive to work would be a good time to study. I will first learn a word to tell bad drivers hìhì. Just kidding. I will learn only the good words, as I have plenty of English for that other purpose. I will also keep my eyes open to meet a Vietnamese person in my area to practice my vietnamese/ their english. I also have Skype. Thanks again for the nice reply.
    Welcome to Vietnamese learning.
    Start here
    I don't like English, I hate foreign language My English is very "banana" But I must use it So i want to learn English and I can teach Vietnamese for who need it
    my Y!M: chau_truong_sinh

Default Thank you so much for that link

I actually found a nice program at byki.com. I am in this for the long haul, I want to learn vietnamese not just to be a tourist, but to speak reasonably well, so that with a dictionary I can handle most new situations. Not the quick and dirty, the slow and clean. I'm sorry you hate English, maybe you will get to like it some day. Vietnamese is very hard for me at this point but I will love it some time.