Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
The traditional method of learning English vocabulary IS SUCK!

Thread: The traditional method of learning English vocabulary IS SUCK!

hung_tutor

Default The traditional method of learning English vocabulary SUCKs!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanna ask you guy that:

-How Do You learn English Vocabulary everyday?
    -What is the best way for you to memorise English vocabulary?

The traditional method of learning Vocabulary is that you write repeatedly again and again the English words and their equivalent Vietnamese words.

For example, you may write like this "critical: chỉ trích; critical: chỉ trích; critical: chỉ trích;critical: chỉ trích;critical: chỉ trích;critical: chỉ trích;critical: chỉ trích; etc" in many pages in order to memorise the word "Critical".

I used to use this method to learn vocabulary before. But it turns out that this method is really SUCK, because you only learn superficially the word & you don't understand in depth the meaning of the word!

Second, each word has many meanings. For example, the word Critical also means "nguy cập" or "sống còn". Therefore, each word will be used differently in different situation depending its specific meanings.

If you wanna learn English vocabulary effectively, you gotta understand in depth the meanings of English word and the meanings of Vietnamese word as well.

Hence, in my opinion, the best way to learn Vocabulary is to practise to create the relationship between English meaning and Vietnamese meaning.

If you can do this, I am sure you can improve your vocabulary memorization because you can understand in depth the meanings of English word and the meanings of Vietnamese word.

Luckily, I have just develop a website that allow you to create the relationship between English meaning and Vietnamese meaning. That website is BraveKing.com. It containsBraveKing English Meaning against Vietnamese Meaning Dictionary. Please visit BraveKing.com to check it out.
    Last edited by hung_tutor; 09-12-2007 at 09:39 AM.

The only thing that sucks it YOU. Learn to appreciate the beauty in each language.

You're damn right with your observations. I noticed that in many vietnamese-english and english-vietnamese dictionaries some definitions are omitted. Dictionaries seem to copy from each other, even mistakes.
    Also many vietnamese composite words (vietnamese words with two or more syllables) don't show up. The only way to find out is through guessing from the context.
    Remember though, as you learn English, that you also have to learn the word type, i.e. if the word is an adjective, adverb, ...
    For example "to suck" is a verb. You are using it as an adjective. Correct use would be "traditional method sucks".
    I hope your website is a success!