Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Please explain to me what Wayne Rooney means

Thread: Please explain to me what Wayne Rooney means

Default Please explain to me what Wayne Rooney means

On May 21, Wayne Rooney will be in Moscow gunning for club football's ultimate prize. If he is to bring the trophy back to Old Trafford, Rooney will need to put into practice everything he's learnt throughout his career. See what the man himself had to say about getting the edge in and around the box

Please help me to get the meaning of "See what the man himself had to say about getting the edge in and around the box"?

Thank you million times,

Phong Lan

Quote Originally Posted by Phong Lan View Post
    On May 21, Wayne Rooney will be in Moscow gunning for club football's ultimate prize. If he is to bring the trophy back to Old Trafford, Rooney will need to put into practice everything he's learnt throughout his career. See what the man himself had to say about getting the edge in and around the box

Please help me to get the meaning of "See what the man himself had to say about getting the edge in and around the box"?

Thank you million times,

Phong Lan
    Verb phrases
    19. edge in, to insert or work in or into, esp. in a limited period of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN75zKV7K1E

Great!! Thank MANH NGUYEN so much. So what about "the edge in and around the box"?

Great!! Thank MANH NGUYEN so much. So what about "the edge in and around the box"?
    Phong Lan .. the edge in..as in to have an edge...to have an advantage over some one..or know more about something ..

box in football = box where the coach go to on game day...

edge in the box = his experiences as a player..that he will take with him as a coach on game day.

around the box = in the playing field...as coach with team members etc.

Thank you so much Dewdrops!!!
    So, is it ok if I rewrite the sentences to "See what the man himself had to say about his experiences as a player in the playing field (especially in the penalty box, because Rooney is a striker)?"

Thank you so much Dewdrops!!!
    So, is it ok if I rewrite the sentences to "See what the man himself had to say about his experiences as a player in the playing field (especially in the penalty box, because Rooney is a striker)?"

I haven't read the whole article so I don't know what it is about . From my understanding of that bit is he's been promoted to be a coach? and he's using his own experiences as a player to coach his team ?

inside the box = box where coaches go to communicate with teams when they play on game day.

outside the box = when they go for training he has to be on the fields with his team to train them ..etc..

Quote Originally Posted by dewdrops View Post
    I haven't read the whole article so I don't know what it is about . From my understanding of that bit is he's been promoted to be a coach? and he's using his own experiences as a player to coach his team ?

inside the box = box where coaches go to communicate with teams when they play on game day.

outside the box = when they go for training he has to be on the fields with his team to train them ..etc..
    Thanks, Dewdrops. I'm sorry that I did not post clear context for this. The whole article is about Rooney's preparation for new Champion in Moscow in June. And he talks about his training and he tries new boots from Nike. Thanks for your help.