Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Bad word?

Thread: Bad word?

Question Bad word?

Someone said I was better of without my old girlfriend, and to another person sais she was "gai bao". I cannot get anyone to translate that-she was a 'bad girl', but I do not know the specific meaning of this. Apologies if it a really bad word, but would love to know what the exact meaning is. Thanks.

Default Translation help

"Gai bao"
    Gai: girl
    Bao: not shy, not bashful, fearless. I believe.
    Asian girls tend to be "shy", no more now unfortunately! Asian girls now are acting like American ones, they "pick you", you do not "pick them"....That is called "bao dan" or "bao".
    "Gai bao" may not be bad as long as you know how to handle it. Make sure you understand the word "henpeck". Good luck.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, too late. She married another guy, didn't bother to let me know despite daily e-mail-I have been in USA for more than a year with 'care taking' responsibilities. Think my friend had a more derogatory concept in mind, but your translation makes sense and is very much appreciated.

Steve

davidthang

Quote Originally Posted by MANH NGUYEN View Post
    "Gai bao"
    Gai: girl
    Bao: not shy, not bashful, fearless. I believe.
    Asian girls tend to be "shy", no more now unfortunately! Asian girls now are acting like American ones, they "pick you", you do not "pick them"....That is called "bao dan" or "bao".
    "Gai bao" may not be bad as long as you know how to handle it. Make sure you understand the word "henpeck". Good luck.
    MANH NGUYEN: You were wrong! It isn't "Gái bạo" as you thought. However, She was married so we have no reason to talk about her.

sorry steELLRey ! I think " gai bao " is a call girl, a courtesan. Because in Vietnamese " bao " is meaning " to pay ST for SO"
    I don't like English, I hate foreign language My English is very "banana" But I must use it So i want to learn English and I can teach Vietnamese for who need it
    my Y!M: chau_truong_sinh

Exclamation A summary please

Can someone summarize the usage of the above words please?

1) What is the best word for a nice 'traditional' Asian girl? (NOT USA style)

2) Is "Gai bao" used BOTH for 'aggressive-but-innocent' girls and also for 'pay-for-play' girls? What words would be better to clearly refer to each type of girl without any danger of confusing the listener?

Thanks