Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
get to vs come to vs grow to

Thread: get to vs come to vs grow to

Default get to vs come to vs grow to

Hello

Would you please tell me the difference between "Get to,Come to,Grow to"?

Thank you.
    Last edited by majidkh; 05-09-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Entirely dependent on the context. All three phrases have multiple meanings, try posting the phrases in context.

Thank you Pattun for your reply.
    Here are some sentences .Could you tell me the differences based on the contexts?

1-I got to realize it more when I grew older.
    2-I got to know him. 3-You‘ll get to speak English more easily as time goes by.
    3-Wayne’s getting to be a lovely kid.
    4-I slowly came to realize that she knew what she was doing.
    5-we will come to regret your decision.
    6-He grew to accept his stepmother and she hoped that one day he would grow to love her.
    7- I grew to dislike working for the cinema.

Regards.
    Last edited by majidkh; 05-10-2009 at 09:00 AM.

1-I got to realize it more when I grew older.(get to = to reach a point at which you feel, know, are, etc....something)
    2-I got to know him. (similar the meaning above)
    3-You‘ll get to speak English more easily as time goes by.( get to = to feel, the meaning is simlar to 1th sentence)
    3-Wayne’s getting to be a lovely kid. ( get to = to start to be sth)
    4-I slowly came to realize that she knew what she was doing.( the meaning is similar to the one of it in the first sentence)
    5-we will come to regret your decision. ( to come to = to reach a point where you realize, understand, or believe sth)
    6-He grew to accept his stepmother and she hoped that one day he would grow to love her.( to grow + infinitive = to gradually begin to do sth, for example, I'm sure you'll grow to like her in time)
    7- I grew to dislike working for the cinema. ( the meaning of grow to is the same above)