Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
need help to read some symbols. Thx! thx! thx!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help to read some symbols. Thx! thx! thx!

hdungbeat

Default need help to read some symbols. Thx! thx! thx!

Giup tui doc may cai nay bang tieng A voi

dE/dt, ∂A/∂B, [∂A/∂B],
    (∂A/∂B),{∂A/∂B},
    (∂A/∂B), Z=fn(x,y)
    (∂P/∂S)v=const.
    va cac ki hieu nhu: #,~, ?, >,
    →, ↔, ┴, ≡.
    Tien day cho tui hoi bac nao co cai trang Web day ve cach doc cac ki hieu hoac cong thuc ko? chi tui coi nhe!

thanks alot!
    Last edited by hdungbeat; 09-14-2007 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hdungbeat View Post
    Giup tui doc may cai nay bang tieng A voi

dE/dt, ∂A/∂B, [∂A/∂B],
    (∂A/∂B),{∂A/∂B},
    (∂A/∂B), Z=fn(x,y)
    (∂P/∂S)v=const.
    va cac ki hieu nhu: #,~, ?, >,
    →, ↔, ┴, ≡.
    Tien day cho tui hoi bac nao co cai trang Web day ve cach doc cac ki hieu hoac cong thuc ko? chi tui coi nhe!

thanks alot!
    This is a long list! Có thể đọc theo dấu hiệu hay theo nghĩa trong toán (partial differential equation)

dE/dt : đi E over đi t hay differential or derivative of E with respect to t

∂A/∂B : đel A over đel B (∂: delta) hay partial differential or partial derivative of A with respect to B

(∂P/∂S)v=const : đel P over đel S, constant v hay partial differential or partial derivative of P with respect to S holding v constant

Z=fn(x,y) : Z is a function of x and y

# : number
    ~ : approximate
    ? : question mark
    > : greater than
    → : approaching a number for math, like approaching zero or infinity;
    direction of reaction for chemical reactions

≡ : identical, defined as
    The following two symbols may have special meanings in matrix math that I forgot:
    ↔ : reversible?
    ┴ : orthogonal?
    Last edited by sang56; 09-15-2007 at 08:14 AM.

em ko chắc chắn :
    → còn có thể đọc là ray( tia )
    ↔ còn có thể đọc là line ( đường )
    ┴ perpendicular ( cái này ko biết nha ) chỉ biết là nó có nghĩa vuông góc
    Last edited by dethuong_x0x; 09-15-2007 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dethuong_x0x View Post
    em ko chắc chắn :
    ┴ perpendicular ( cái này ko biết nha ) chỉ biết là nó có nghĩa vuông góc
    In geometry, x ⊥ y means x is perpendicular to y; or more generally x is orthogonal to y.
    Otherwise, In lattice theory, x = ⊥ means x is the smallest element.
    (∂P/∂S)v=const
    I just want to comment this expression above: it means that "the partial derivative of P (pressure) with respect to S (entropy) when V (volume) kept constant".
    Furthermore, one can access this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_o...atical_symbols to find out the mathematical symbols.

hdungbeat

Smile

Em cảm ơn các bác nhiều!
    to bác Sang 56 theo Em biết thì 2 kí tự ∂và δ là khác nhau. Kí tự δ mới gọi là đelta, đây là đel ta thường còn kí tự Δ là đel ta viết hoa.

once again, thank you for the supports! especially to unnamed because your comment is very helpful for me!

PS: my English is not good so I do not know whether the English grammar in above sentence is correct or not!
    Last edited by hdungbeat; 09-15-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hdungbeat View Post
    Em cảm ơn các bác nhiều!
    to bác Sang 56 theo Em biết thì 2 kí tự ∂và δ là khác nhau. Kí tự δ mới gọi là đelta, đây là đel ta thường còn kí tự Δ là đel ta viết hoa.

once again, thank you for the supports! especially to unnamed because your comment is very helpful for me!

PS: my English is not good so I do not know whether the English grammar in above sentence is correct or not!
    One more link is:
    http://www.w3.org/Math/characters/html/symbol.html
    Once again, thank you all for your supports, especially to unnamed because his comment is very helpful for me!

PS: My English is not good so I do not know whether the English grammar in the above ...

hdungbeat

Cam on bac unnamed lan nua!

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    In geometry, x ⊥ y means x is perpendicular to y; or more generally x is orthogonal to y.
    Otherwise, In lattice theory, x = ⊥ means x is the smallest element.

I just want to comment this expression above: it means that "the partial derivative of P (pressure) with respect to S (entropy) when V (volume) kept constant".
    Furthermore, one can access this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_o...atical_symbols to find out the mathematical symbols.
    Unnamed,
    Very good. I was focusing on the math symbols and did not notice their thermodynamic significance. What technical field are you in? engineering, applied math....? Mine is chemical engineering & biotechnology.

Thanks for the link to the site listing the math symbols; the information is handy.

Bythe way, you probably live in a German-speaking country?
    Last edited by sang56; 09-16-2007 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sang56 View Post
    Unnamed,
    Very good. I was focusing on the math symbols and did not notice their thermodynamic significance. What technical field are you in? engineering, applied math....? Mine is chemical engineering & biotechnology.

Thanks for the link to the site listing the math symbols; the information is handy.

Bythe way, you probably live in a German-speaking country?
    Thanks for asking. My research field is the solid-state physics. Now I am in Germany to take a three year PhD course. Where are you living now? when did you go abroad?
    It is very nice to see you in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    Thanks for asking. My research field is the solid-state physics. Now I am in Germany to take a three year PhD course. Where are you living now? when did you go abroad?
    It is very nice to see you in this forum.
    I’m currently living in the U.S. I left VN a long time ago, got my college and graduate degrees in chemical engineering in the U.S. and have been working in industry ever since. Therefore I have a lot of industrial experience in many technical fields, but am rather rusty in fundamental theories and advanced math.

Germany is a great place for science and engineering education, probably more rigorous than in the U.S. As you know, there are many world famous research institutions there, especially in physics. In the last few years I have made several business trips to Germany (Munich, Berlin) and nearby countries (e.g. Austria); these are very nice areas and full of history.