Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Please Translate !!! - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Please Translate !!!

Let me try to translate this sentence :
    " Anh ấy bắn nát tấm hình đang treo trên tuờng , tấm hình anh đang đá trái penanti quyết định số phận của cả trận đấu "
    ==> " He shoots out his shot which he was shooting penanti that devided the result of the whole game on the wall . "
    Sau 1 hồi vật vã cũng chỉ đuợc thế này thôi các bác ạ ! các bác giúp tớ với
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dethuong_x0x View Post
    Let me try to translate this sentence :
    " Anh ấy bắn nát tấm hình đang treo trên tuờng , tấm hình anh đang đá trái penanti quyết định số phận của cả trận đấu "
    ==> " He shoots out his shot which he was shooting penanti that devided the result of the whole game on the wall . "
    Sau 1 hồi vật vã cũng chỉ đuợc thế này thôi các bác ạ ! các bác giúp tớ với
    He shot the poster on the wall to bits. It showed/In which he was shooting the penalty kick for the match point of the game.

Viết tiếng Anh cũng như ăn cơm cháy vậy đó. Cắn miếng nhỏ (short sentence) dễ nuốt hơn.
    Last edited by Paddy; 03-04-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    He shot the poster on the wall to bits. It showed/In which he was shooting the penalty kick for the match point of the game.

Viết tiếng Anh cũng như ăn cơm cháy vậy đó. Cắn miếng nhỏ (short sentence) dễ nuốt hơn.
    Cảm ơn bác !!! Bi giờ thì tớ đã hiểu .

Edit : I don't know when my English will be half as yours .
    ---
    1st Version:
    2nd Version:

I don't know when my English will be half as good as yours.

This makes more sense.

I don't know when my English will be half as good as yours.

This makes more sense.

DThuong
    Or you can say: "I don't know when my English will be a half of yours"
    Thất bại lớn nhất của đời người là tự đại
    Đáng thương nhất của đời người là tự ti.
    Tự đại + Tự ti = thất bại đáng thương nhất

Quote Originally Posted by LtDra View Post
    DThuong
    Or you can say: "I don't know when my English will be a half of yours"
    LtDra,
    I am sure you cannot write that way because "English" is not measureable (không đo lường được). Therefore, half of English does not make any sense, but half as good does. It makes perfect sense when translated into Vietnamese, but in English, none at all.

Nếu nói half of the English thì có nghĩa là một nửa người Anh.

LtDra,
    I am sure you cannot write that way because "English" is not measureable (không đo lường được). Therefore, half of English does not make any sense, but half as good does. It makes perfect sense when translated into Vietnamese, but in English, none at all.

Nếu nói half of the English thì có nghĩa là một nửa người Anh.
    Ummm ... Yeah hah... mình cũng không thể nói là "1/2 tiếng Việt của tôi". Thank bác Pađy for pointed it out.

DT: sorry for my bad shot.

!!! CẢm ơn 2 bác đã chỉ dạy , hum nay học đuợc nhiều cái mới quá

Tháng 4 tớ lại thi lại ACT đấy các bác ạ ! Đang run quá
    ---
    1st Version:
    2nd Version:

Default Want more homework?

DT, You may want an extra homework ! I got this one for you.

Strange Animal Remains
    Found In Puerto Rico
    Dr. Virgilio Sanchez-Ocejo
    ufomiami@prodigy.net
    Miami UFO Center
    12-29-2

Source: Diario La Tribuna

JAYUYA -- The discovery of a strange looking skeleton has caused stir in the small Puerto Rican town of Jayuya. The bizarre skeletal remains were found last Tuesday, December 24 at approximately 1:30 in the afternoon. The remains were found at a construction site in a barrio near the area of Utado by two boys: Angel Edgardo Oquendo, a six-year-old, and his older brother Sixto, a ten-year-old.

According to Adelaida Quiles, the boys, mother, the bizarre discovery took place during their Christmas Eve cookout. "He called me saying, 'Mommy, I found a dead mouse,, and I sort of dismissed his claim thinking he was playing around, but then he kept on trying to get my attention, so I went and told my husband and asked him to take care of things while I would go and take a look at what my son was talking about", she said.

Shortly after she arrived at the site, she immediately saw the remains hidden between the support columns of the newly built home. She went back and called her husband, Cesar Oquendo, to see if he could identify what kind of animal those remains could have belonged to. Then he slipped a piece of cardboard under the remains in order to take it outside so they could get a better look with the sunlight. "We wanted to see if this was indeed a chupacabras or something like that", Quiles said.

After a brief observation, they noticed that the dead animal did not have feathers, hair, nor wool. They later realized that the animal did not have upper extremities, nor wings; it only appeared to have lower legs.

Seemingly, the creature would appear to measure approximately two feet in height. Judging its strange physical appearance, the creature would seem to have had used its legs to stand up and walk, like an ordinary biped animal. However, its legs appeared to be supported by THREE long bones, and it had visible claws on its feet. The bone structure of the legs clearly shows that the creature was able to jump considerably high.

Its wide head was not fully decomposed; it still had its eyes and a full set of teeth. It had long fangs in the upper jaw and two smaller ones in the lower jaw. The mouth, the teeth, but particularly the jaw width and thickness clearly showed that the animal was a carnivore, unlike the rodents of the local area, to which their jaws are much thinner and have wider front teeth.

The animal had flat palm-shaped ears that measured about an inch in length. Its backbone appeared to be curved and leaning forward. Also, it had a tail about a foot and half long, similar in form to that of a reptile, which seemed to have helped the animal to balance itself when moving.

The surprise among the neighbors was even more remarkable during the arrival of a forensic science investigator at the scene. The forensic expert observed the strange remains.

Surprisingly, in the same area where the dead creature was found, several hens had died two months earlier. The property where the remains were found belong to Adelaida's father's, Victor Quiles, where eight hens and a rooster were found dead outside of their cages.

In a same way and around the same date, José Carlos Rivera, a resident of the same area also suffered the loss of five hens. He also mentioned that his uncle lost 23 chickens, and his sister lost two more. Rivera, a small food stand owner also mentioned that after those incidents, their animals did not suffer any more attacks.

Translation by Mario Andrade

Your Comments Are Always Welcome At Rense.com!
    Last edited by LtDra; 03-05-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Default Jersey Devil