Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Do u want 2 come back to Vietnam? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do u want 2 come back to Vietnam?

No, I sure don't! I still love the country in my heart, but not in my head. VN is nice for visit, but it not nice to live there; unless you have a lot of monies and good connection up there.
    I went back many times, from begin I though about going back to stay, than I see the disapointment of the people around me when they think I about run out of money.
    Job is not easy to find. An engineer make about $300 a month in SG, it not goes very far since everything cost a lot more nowday. And think about sickness, hospital...anywhere you go, you have to bribe...If you are young, you might make it. Good luck!

Smile I feel the same way as you!

Quote Originally Posted by thuythanphong View Post
    No, I sure don't! I still love the country in my heart, but not in my head. VN is nice for visit, but it not nice to live there; unless you have a lot of monies and good connection up there.
    I went back many times, from begin I though about going back to stay, than I see the disapointment of the people around me when they think I about run out of money.
    Job is not easy to find. An engineer make about $300 a month in SG, it not goes very far since everything cost a lot more nowday. And think about sickness, hospital...anywhere you go, you have to bribe...If you are young, you might make it. Good luck!
    I went back to Vietnam after 43 yrs of growing up in the United States. Just like many of you, I have an extended family over in Vietnam whom I had never met or remembered since I left. I was only 2 yrs old when I left in 1970. It was very good at first seeing family and enjoying a different lifestyle and culture. However, I also experienced and witnessed a lot of not so appealing aspects that I knew would be hard for me to adjust or accept. I stayed in Vietnam for 3 months. Once I got back to the U.S. and researched more about the government, healthcare system, economic challenges, job opportunities, etc., I changed my mind about moving to Vietnam. I also have many Viet Kieu friends like myself that I spoke with and shared their likes and dislikes of living in Vietnam. For me I think I will stick to visiting for periods of time but I will always live in the United States of America.