Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Do Vietnamese has a zodiac sign upon birth? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Vietnamese has a zodiac sign upon birth?

Quote Originally Posted by ThichQuanDuc View Post
    ROFL, yeah, i made up some stats, LMAO, i didn't really have anything so i gave it a shot, hahahaha, anyway, yeah, all i said was i don't think the majority know their birthdays and i based that on the majority of vietnamese people i know...my family
    hahahaha, i thought it was funny atleast
    it'd be cool if it turned out to be right though
    Poor you your family!!!
    Maybe you are the product of a mixture between a white and a yellow Vietnamese who does not want to accept his origin. Therefore, he has taught you by his way: given you a mess of bad information about my culture, Vietnamese culture I mean.
    As Paddy words, people rarely find out a Vietnamese person who doesn’t know exactly about his/her birthday as well his/ her zodiac sign although he/she comes from the rural area or downtown. Moreover, if you ask a little girl/ boy, she/ he can tell you very clearly about her/his birthday in Solar or Lunar.
    What a pity when you have a haft of Vietnamese blood in your body but you know nothing about your haft origin culture.
    Vô tình đánh rớt hạt yêu
    Để giờ đi kiếm bao chiều hư vô...

Quote Originally Posted by truelove View Post
    Poor you your family!!!
    Maybe you are the product of a mixture between a white and a yellow Vietnamese who does not want to accept his origin. Therefore, he has taught you by his way: given you a mess of bad information about my culture, Vietnamese culture I mean.
    As Paddy words, people rarely find out a Vietnamese person who doesn’t know exactly about his/her birthday as well his/ her zodiac sign although he/she comes from the rural area or downtown. Moreover, if you ask a little girl/ boy, she/ he can tell you very clearly about her/his birthday in Solar or Lunar.
    What a pity when you have a haft of Vietnamese blood in your body but you know nothing about your haft origin culture.
    by that logic, Vietnamese culture is defined as knowing your birthday?! i'm far from being ashamed of my origin. do you think i'd be taking 5 years of Vietnamese language and culture in a university if i was ashamed?! i said i was just joking around. do you think i'd save money for 2 so i could go to VN if i was ashamed of my heritage? please, excuse yourself. knowing ur birthday has nothing to do with being Vietnamese. atleast my family kept their name. my father's name is Huan Nguyen, my brother Tai Nguyen, other brother is Vinh Nguyen, Ba Noi = Duyen Nguyen, grandfather = Hoi Nguyen
    wtf kinda name is paddy? don't tell me i'm the one that's ashamed. by the way, i'm not half yellow, my father's brown. DARK BROWN, just like Khmer, Lao, Cham, and Filipinos and i'm not ashamed of that either

by that logic, Vietnamese culture is defined as knowing your birthday?! i'm far from being ashamed of my origin. do you think i'd be taking 5 years of Vietnamese language and culture in a university if i was ashamed?! i said i was just joking around. do you think i'd save money for 2 so i could go to VN if i was ashamed of my heritage? please, excuse yourself. knowing ur birthday has nothing to do with being Vietnamese. atleast my family kept their name. my father's name is Huan Nguyen, my brother Tai Nguyen, other brother is Vinh Nguyen, Ba Noi = Duyen Nguyen, grandfather = Hoi Nguyen
    wtf kinda name is paddy? don't tell me i'm the one that's ashamed. by the way, i'm not half yellow, my father's brown. DARK BROWN, just like Khmer, Lao, Cham, and Filipinos and i'm not ashamed of that either
    Hic, it seems that i am becoming a sinner
    But...still so confused
    Vô tình đánh rớt hạt yêu

Hic, it seems that i am becoming a sinner
    But...still so confused
    you don't understand, so stop embarrassing yourself. if you need help understanding, message me, and i'll help you

you don't understand, so stop embarrassing yourself. if you need help understanding, message me, and i'll help you
    The answer is yes.
    Could you please show me how to understand all of them.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Ah, your nickname looks like the name of a monk
    Sorry, it's my bad habit: ask everything I thought
    Last edited by truelove; 10-17-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    Vô tình đánh rớt hạt yêu

The answer is yes.
    Could you please show me how to understand all of them.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Ah, your nickname look like the name of a monk
    Sorry, it's my bad habit: ask everything I thought

[Hic, không được chửi thề. Phải kiềm chế]
    yes, i have a lot of respect for the monk Thich Quang Duc. anyway, first, why did you think i was ashamed to be Vietnamese? toi khong biet why you thought that

yes, i have a lot of respect for the monk Thich Quang Duc. anyway, first, why did you think i was ashamed to be Vietnamese? toi khong biet why you thought that
    Hic, I don't know how to express myself by my limited English.
    However, I never said that you are ashamed to be Vietnamese, just said that "it's a pity because you don't know about it then give an unacceptable conclusion based on your family."
    Huhu, hope that you can understand what I want to say.
    Please feel free to let me know if you need any explanation.
    Vô tình đánh rớt hạt yêu

Hic, I don't know how to express myself by my limited English.
    However, I never said that you are ashamed to be Vietnamese, just said that "it's a pity because you don't know about it then give an unacceptable conclusion based on your family."
    Huhu, hope that you can understand what I want to say.
    Please feel free to let me know if you need any explanation.
    you said i "don't want to accept my origin". i found that very offensive,
    i don't think you understand. i made things because i didn't really know alot about vietnamese birthdays. it was just for fun, to see if paddy would believe what i said.

you said i "don't want to accept my origin". i found that very offensive,
    i don't think you understand. i made things because i didn't really know alot about vietnamese birthdays. it was just for fun, to see if paddy would believe what i said.
    I think that we should stop arguing here before a very serious war occur.
    And, I am sure that all of Vietnamese people who living in Vietnam know exactly about their birthday and their zodiac sign.
    Over
    Vô tình đánh rớt hạt yêu

Talking

I think that we should stop arguing here before a very serious war occur.
    And, I am sure that all of Vietnamese people who living in Vietnam know exactly about their birthday and their zodiac sign.
    Over
    hahaha, alright, but i know not all of them do, because my family doesn't