Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Gíup em về Biology

Thread: Gíup em về Biology

Default Gíup em về Biology

A man is telling you that he has pet opossums (2n = 22) that have babies (joeys) that aren’t identical twins, but are identical genetically. Explain in a paragraph why that would be highly unlikely to have occurred. Reference and explain independent assortment, crossing over, and random fertilization.

Please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    A man is telling you that he has pet opossums (2n = 22) that have babies (joeys) that aren’t identical twins, but are identical genetically. Explain in a paragraph why that would be highly unlikely to have occurred. Reference and explain independent assortment, crossing over, and random fertilization.

Please help me!

Specify exactly what you need help with !

Use independent assortment, crossing over, and random fertilization explain the paragraph " A man is telling you that he has pet opossums (2n = 22) that have babies (joeys) that aren’t identical twins, but are identical genetically.

WHY that aren’t identical twins, but are identical genetically. ??

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Use independent assortment, crossing over, and random fertilization explain the paragraph " A man is telling you that he has pet opossums (2n = 22) that have babies (joeys) that aren’t identical twins, but are identical genetically.

WHY that aren’t identical twins, but are identical genetically. ??
    Identical twins 2 sperm share one ovum.

In this "highly unlikely" case, 2 sperms and 2 ova, but due to "DNA arrangement" both babies have identical DNA. I don't know the technical term for this "DNA arrangement". chance of 1 in couple hundred trillions ?