Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Please ! Help correct grammar my paragraph
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please ! Help correct grammar my paragraph

Default Please ! Help correct grammar my paragraph

My topic is choice one place to go on holiday and give a reason for your choice.
    Singapore is one of place that I would like to visit during my summer holiday because of tehe delicious foods in Singapore. Foods in Singapore are similar as Chinese, Indian, Malaysia, and so on. For example, some of foods includes Satay is originated by Malaysia, or Roti Prata from Indian Pizza. For Singaporean, eating and drinking is passion. Many tourists visit Singapore are very interested restaurants in Singapore that I have eaten because the menu of these restaurants are very plentiful. Customers can choice many items foods come from different countries, or they can eat kind of foods feature of culture Singapore. Especially in Singapore, tourists can find delicious foods in coffee shop, fast-foods and hawker centers. They are cheaper as much as restaurants. Foods in Singapore are one of reason why many visitors like to enjoy their holidays in Singapore.

Hi all guy !
    Please , everyone can help me correct grammar in my paragraph, and I would like to ask questions that Is it these detail enough to support the main idea in this paragraph. Thank you so much .

Green

Default revision to the paragraph

Here is my revision to the paragraph, please review, thanks

Singapore is one place that I would like to visit during my summer holiday because of its delicious foods. Foods are similar as Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, and so on. For example, Satay was originated by Malaysia and Roti Prata was from Indian Pizza. For Singaporean, eating and drinking are their passion. Many tourists who visit Singapore are very interested in the restaurants; the menus are so plentiful. Customers can select many items from different countries, or they can order typical Singaporean cuisine. Tourists can also find delicious foods in coffee shops, fast-foods and hawker centers. They are less expensive than the restaurants. Food is one of the reasons why many visitors like to enjoy their holidays in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    Here is my revision to the paragraph, please review, thanks

Singapore is one place that I would like to visit during my summer holiday because of its delicious foods. Foods are similar as Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, and so on. For example, Satay was originated by Malaysia and Roti Prata was from Indian Pizza. For Singaporean, eating and drinking are their passion. Many tourists who visit Singapore are very interested in the restaurants; the menus are so plentiful. Customers can select many items from different countries, or they can order typical Singaporean cuisine. Tourists can also find delicious foods in coffee shops, fast-foods and hawker centers. They are less expensive than the restaurants. Food is one of the reasons why many visitors like to enjoy their holidays in Singapore.
    Hi Green
    Thank you for your help. this is my complete paragraph. I wrote one more sentence . is it correct grammar. Thank you green so much.

The best place to go on a holiday
    Singapore is one place that I would like to visit during my summer holiday because of its delicious foods. Foods are similar as Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, and so on. For example, Satay was originated by Malaysia and Roti Prata was from Indian Pizza. For Singaporean, eating and drinking are their passion. Moreover, foods are being produced in other countries. That mean, they want to show up their culture of cuisine in the world. Many tourists who visit Singapore are very interested in the restaurants; the menus are so plentiful. Customers can select many items from different countries, or they can order typical Singaporean cuisine. Tourists can also find delicious foods in coffee shops, fast-foods and hawker centers. They are less expensive than the restaurants. Food is one of the reasons why many visitors like to enjoy their holidays in Singapore.
    Last edited by kutron; 01-07-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Green

Default revision to the sentence

Moreover, foods are being produced in other countries. That mean, they want to show up their culture of cuisine in the world.

Revised:
    Food is also an important part of culture. There is a wide variety of international cuisine, the pride of many different cultures in Singapore.

Hi kutron, I revised your sentence based on your idea. Hope it would help. Thanks
    Green

Hi Green
    Thank's a lot, You are helping me a lot in my writing skill. I still have some problem about punucation, words form, and sentence... I need to practice more writing.

Hi green!
    Can you revised this paragraph. a this is not paragraph. it just a assignment of mine. However, I feel this assignment not so good. thank for fixing me this assignment.

F: What dictionaries have you found useful or not useful? Explain why.

For me, the Longman active study dictionary is very useful because I can check meaning of vocabularies from A -Z; it also gives me examples and word families. Besides, I can do some exercises to improve vocabularies. Meanings of this dictionary are followed word by word. It also has preposition, grammar and pictures of vocabularies. Finally, it has CD software to set up on the computer.
    I think the dictionary are being translated from English to my home countries is not really helpful because it is confused me meaning of vocabulary. When I check meaning of a word in my language dictionary, it shows me lot of meaning of a word. That means, I don’t know exactly what a word does mean? Moreover, it doesn’t have synonyms, Antonym, and pictures in my own dictionary.

DanielEdwards

Quote Originally Posted by kutron View Post
    My topic is choice one place to go on holiday and give a reason for your choice.
    Many tourists visit Singapore are very interested restaurants in Singapore that I have eaten because the menu of these restaurants are very plentiful. Customers can choice many items foods come from different countries, or they can eat kind of foods feature of culture Singapore. Especially in Singapore, tourists can find delicious foods in coffee shop, fast-foods and hawker centers. They are cheaper as much as restaurants. Foods in Singapore are one of reason why many visitors like to enjoy their holidays in Singapore.
    You can write "there are very interesting restaurants" instead of " Singapore are very interested restaurants".

It is said the Dissertation Writing is just one half of the job. The rest half is revision. As being said by E.B. White, "The best writing is rewriting". So a great emphasis should be made on revising a document. Once you'll progress with your content, new ideas might arrive on how to make it better. Revision will enable you to inject new ideas and add more information wherever needed, making your document more and more interesting for the readers.