Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Need help writing a letter...

Thread: Need help writing a letter...

Default Need help writing a letter...

Hi,

I need help writing a "love" letter in Vietnamese to a significant other. I'm not sure what's the proper way to write it as writing styles differ in the states & Vietnam.

Please help!

Thanks,
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by lindal24 View Post
    Hi,

I need help writing a "love" letter in Vietnamese to a significant other. I'm not sure what's the proper way to write it as writing styles differ in the states & Vietnam.

Please help!

Thanks,
    Linda

I think you can write it in English .Then you post it on this forum and good members will translate it for you .
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!

Hi,

Please help!

Thanks,
    Linda
    It begins with I miss you and ends with I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    It begins with I miss you and ends with I love you.
    the middle : Because u r the Vietnamese girl so u r beautiful, cute, graceful....

I asked a friend from Vietnam about their standards of writing, and she told me:

1. The letter is typically written to the family, and not the individual.
    2. Not to talk excessively about myself and not to write the letter to personally...
    3. And finally, she said to keep the letter short, but to make sure to ask about the well being of the family...

So...am I supposed to just say something to this effect:

"Hello _____ & Family,

I hope your family is doing well.

Farewell & Till Next Time,

(my name)"

That just seems a little short and ridiculous to me, therefore, I'm turning to this forum for some help and advice...

Thanks again in advance!

Linda

I asked a friend from Vietnam about their standards of writing, and she told me:

1. The letter is typically written to the family, and not the individual.
    2. Not to talk excessively about myself and not to write the letter to personally...
    3. And finally, she said to keep the letter short, but to make sure to ask about the well being of the family...

So...am I supposed to just say something to this effect:

"Hello _____ & Family,

I hope your family is doing well.

Farewell & Till Next Time,

(my name)"

That just seems a little short and ridiculous to me, therefore, I'm turning to this forum for some help and advice...

Thanks again in advance!

Linda
    Linda,
    Your friend is either pulling your leg or FOS. Love letter is private between the 2 parties. The family would not dare reading it, unless their daughter is underage or the family is super nosy.

It is nice to ask about your mate's family but there is no rule saying that you have to.

In love letters you have to let your mate know more about you. So, write about yourself sometime and of course ask for info about your mate since you want to know about him/her, too. Of course, love letters are personal, so show the reader your feeling toward him/her. But don't get too personal by writing about sexual matters. It is still a taboo for young people to talk about such matter before marriage. In addition to that, it may fall into the wrong hand.

There is no such thing as short love letter. At least I have not seen one. Write until you have CTS.

Why don't you post what you want to write and we have a contest to see who can translate into sweetest love letter. I am just kidding. Good luck.