Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Does vietnam ppl always change their mobile number?

Thread: Does vietnam ppl always change their mobile number?

Default Does vietnam ppl always change their mobile number?

hi, i have a question regarding vietnamese n their mobile numbers.
    i have a fren whose girlfriend is a vietnamese...currently living in vietnam. She always use different vietnam numbers to call my fren n yet when my fren call back, its either not in service or not available. Are they allowed to have so many different numbers..or are there many telecoms service lines in vietnam? My fren currently now is unable to contact his girlfriend though...

in vietnam, you can use how many numbers it depends on you, you know, just go to a mobile shop and buy a new Sim card and put it into your mobile. I mean we are not disallowed to have many sim cards. It's also a good cheap way to be able to call friends because we will get double money in account or some other kind of bonus, promotion for every new number join into the network

Thanks alot...another question if u dun mind.
    Is there a difference between mobile numbers make up of 11 n 12 numbers?
    some numbers start from +8498 or +8490 whereas some are +84123 or +84127?
    or is it just different sim cards n telecoms number? n they can just discard the sim cards if they dun wan?
    thank you!
    Last edited by pinky; 07-19-2009 at 12:08 PM.

in vietnam, a mobile number has the old style like follow 09x.xxxxxxx (10 digits)
    every telecom provider has some specific number ranges, such as:
    -VinaPhone: 091... / 094...
    -MobiFone: 090... / 093...
    -Viettel: 097... / 098...
    and now, the government provided a new style is 01x.xxxxxxxx (11 digits)
    as I know, 012... is of MobiFone

if you are from outside of vietnam and want to call to a mobile number in vietnam, you have to omit the first digit "zero" and add the vietnam country code is 84. Hope it's clear enough for you

Ah, they can discard if they don't want. No rule for it.
    Last edited by vietnamese4u; 07-19-2009 at 08:27 PM.

thanks yeah!

not many people want to change their mobile number but look, when i have no much money while i want to call a friend, i must recharge my number while to buy (for example at present) a new sim and i can have a credit of triple amount, i have no choice...

In Vietnam you are not obligated to sign a contract with any company. You simply buy a phone, and buy a sim card that has minutes on there depending on how much you want to put out. Each sim card has a different number. After you have used up all the minutes, you simply buy a new one and apply into your phone. I'm not sure if they have a recharge able sim card. Meaning if you are running out of minute for that sim card, you can pay more money to put minutes in that same sim card you have. I'm not sure if that is the case. It's a hassle if you have to keep chaning your number.

có thể bạn của bạn gọi qua nhiều nhà mạng khác nhau và nhiều số điện thoại khác nhau, tuy nhiên nếu cô ấy không tắt máy thì bạn sẽ gọi được 1 trong các số cô ấy đã gọi cho bạn đó. chúc bạn thành công