Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
text message language

Thread: text message language

Default text message language

Hello

I have a Vietnamese friend who has started sending me sms messages with abbreviations, spellings I have not seen yet, and my Vietnamese is still in an infant stage.
    So could pls someone try to explain to me the following lines - and if possible give some of the rules, if any, used in Vietnamese sms ? Thank you

- just noticed I had forgotten a 'c' after 'toan' in the first sentence. Instead of 'E bj thay toan quay laj day ma.' it should be

E bj thay toan c quay laj day ma.

van chua sog ah c.
    Can c0m chua da da ngj chua a. c bjt k h0m nay m0j bao chj kjem tjen ma tjeu day.
    Last edited by Eileen; 10-24-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Hello

I have a Vietnamese friend who has started sending me sms messages with abbreviations, spellings I have not seen yet, and my Vietnamese is still in an infant stage.
    So could pls someone try to explain to me the following lines - and if possible give some of the rules, if any, used in Vietnamese sms ? Thank you

- just noticed I had forgotten a 'c' after 'toan' in the first sentence. Instead of 'E bj thay toan quay laj day ma.' it should be

E bj thay toan c quay laj day ma.

van chua sog ah c.
    Can c0m chua da da ngj chua a. c bjt k h0m nay m0j bao chj kjem tjen ma tjeu day.
    'C' here means "chi" = you (as a sister).
    Others in texting with VNmese:
    - 'nt' = 'nhan tin' = text
    - 'ko' or 'k' = 'khong' = no, not, ...
    - 'j' = 'gi' = what
    There are many other abbreviations that you have to face with, because now young people often use this for more convinience. If you have any problem about this, you can ask me

chuẩn rồi..lần sau bảo họ đừng viết tắt nữa
    P/s:Sao mình không xem được vtv 4 online vtc 16 online trên windows phone nhỉ.