Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
compare and contrast about english and vietnamese
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: compare and contrast about english and vietnamese

Junior Member nadesiko_phungkiem's Avatar

Default compare and contrast about english and vietnamese

Moi nguoi doc roi giup minh phat trien y cho bai nhe
    Have you ever thought that speaking vietnamese is easier than english? Which language do you prefer? Iam going to compare and contrast about the similarites ang differences between english and vietnamese.

English and Vietnamese have several similarites>English is based onLatin origin and Vietnamese is too.They have the same alphabet letter althought Vietnamese letter is much more than English letter. In addition, both english and vietnamese use loan words. they loan words which are from France or Chinese. The last and the most important is pronunciation. English and vietnamese pronunciation is difficult. In english, you must pronunciate the word stress. If you say the word incorretly people wont understand what you are saying

Despite these similarites, english and vienamese have some differences.English is used more widely than vietnamese. English is the language of economic, technology, communication so many vietnamese people study it Another difference is grammar. FOr example in english the tenses are divided clearly so it is easy to learn while vienamese grammar is rather difficult. You have to learn for along time in order to speak Vietnamse fluently . On the contrast English pronunciation is not as difficult as vietnamses so you can speak english eveywhere.

All in all both languages have many special features but I think if you want to learn anther language , dont choose vietnamese

hdungbeat

Quote Originally Posted by nadesiko_phungkiem View Post
    Have you ever thought that speaking vietnamese is easier than english? Which language do you prefer? Iam going to compare and contrast about the similarites ang differences between english and vietnamese.

English and Vietnamese have several similarites>English is based onLatin origin and Vietnamese is too.They have the same alphabet letter althought Vietnamese letter is much more than English letter. In addition, both english and vietnamese use loan-words. they loan words which are from France or Chinese. The last and the most important is pronunciation. English and vietnamese pronunciation is difficult. In english, you must pronunciate the word stress. If you say the word incorretly people wont understand what you are saying

Despite these similarites, english and vienamese have some differences.English is used more widely than vietnamese. English is the language of economic, technology, communication so many vietnamese people study it Another difference is grammar. FOr example in english the tenses are divided clearly so it is easy to learn while vienamese grammar is rather difficult. You have to learn for along time in order to speak Vietnamse fluently . On the contrast English pronunciation is not as difficult as vietnamses so you can speak english eveywhere.

All in all both languages have many special features but I think if you want to learn anther language , dont choose vietnamese

You did some mistakes in the essay which I have just marked in red. Hope it help you!
    - ang = and
    - letter = letters
    - There is an ocscurity when you write "Vietnamese letter is much more than English letter". I think, to avoid it you can rewrite something like this "Vietnamese alphabet has letters much more than english does".
    - Loan = borrow
    - France = French.
    - Bỏ the đi. Chú ý important là tính từ
    - Is = are.
    - Xem xét lại câu "English is the language of economic, technology, communication". Ngôn ngữ nào cũng được dùng trong các lĩnh vực này kể cả tiếng Việt.
    - "Despite these similarities" should be "despite having these similarities"
    - Mấy từ sau viết thiếu chữ.
    Last edited by hdungbeat; 04-18-2008 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hdungbeat View Post
    this "Vietnamese alphabet has letters much more than english does".

Suggestion:
    Dùng chừ much cho cái nào mà không đếm được như nước, gạo, vv. Còn chữ (letters) vì có thể đếm được thì dùng chữ many.

Vietnamese alphabet has many more letters than English does.

Thường dùng many more nếu có nhiều hơn. Nếu VN chỉ có 1 hoặc 2 chữ nhiều hơn tiếng Anh thì chỉ cần dùng more thôi.

hdungbeat

yes! you're right, sir. Ah! bác cho em hỏi cái trong trường hợp này chữ much dùng theo kiểu trạng từ bổ nghĩa cho động từ thì có thể chấp nhận dùng như trên được không?
    Last edited by hdungbeat; 04-18-2008 at 09:48 AM.

English and Vietnamese have several similarites>English is based onLatin origin and Vietnamese is too.They have the same alphabet letter althought Vietnamese letter is much more than English letter. In addition, both english and vietnamese use loan words. they loan words which are from France or Chinese. The last and the most important is pronunciation. English and vietnamese pronunciation is difficult. In english, you must pronunciate the word stress. If you say the word incorretly people wont understand what you are saying

Mới đọc thì thấy là bạn hiểu cách viết compare và contrast.

Tuy nhiên: trong 2 đoạn thì nói về sự khó khăn của pronunciation. Ðầu tiên thì nói cả 2 đều khó, sau thì nói VN khó hơn E. Cái này bảo đảm làm cho người đọc khó hiểu.

Còn phần kết luận thì quá lạc đề vì thân bài không đưa ra lý do chính đáng là tại sao lại không chọn VN, và kết luận cũng không lập lại là tại sao hết.

Trong sự lựa cho mình phải đưa ra tiêu chuẩn của cách lựa chọn chẳng hạn như văn phạm, nhiều người dùng, phát âm dễ. Ðưa mấy điểm này ra trước cho người đọc biết mình chọn lựa dựa trên tiêu chuẩn nào.

On the contrast English pronunciation is not as difficult as vietnamses so you can speak english everywhere. Câu này hoàn toàn vô lý. Không khó = ai cũng hiểu/nói được ???

If you say the word incorretly people wont understand what you are saying
    câu này thừa thãi cho nên trở thành vô dụng. Cũng như nói sáng nào mặt trơ`i cũng mọc hướng đông, không có gì là lạ hết.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by hdungbeat View Post
    yes! you're right, sir. Ah! bác cho em hỏi cái trong trường hợp này chữ much dùng theo kiểu trạng từ bổ nghĩa cho động từ thì có thể chấp nhận dùng như trên được không?
    ý như là I love you much more than he does hả ? Sure.

I work much harder than my co-workers.

hdungbeat

Vâng, ý em muốn hỏi như rứa!

Junior Member nadesiko_phungkiem's Avatar

Doan 2 to phat trien y hok dc ro zay cau co the giup to phat trien y cho doan so sanh su khac nhau nay hok
    Neu dc cho to them vai y cho phan 2 di

Doan 2 to phat trien y hok dc ro zay cau co the giup to phat trien y cho doan so sanh su khac nhau nay hok
    Neu dc cho to them vai y cho phan 2 di
    Huh?...............

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Suggestion:
    Dùng chừ much cho cái nào mà không đếm được như nước, gạo, vv. Còn chữ (letters) vì có thể đếm được thì dùng chữ many.

Vietnamese alphabet has many more letters than English does.

Thường dùng many more nếu có nhiều hơn. Nếu VN chỉ có 1 hoặc 2 chữ nhiều hơn tiếng Anh thì chỉ cần dùng more thôi.
    Hello Mr.Paddy,
    After reading many of your post, I am really admiring your fluency of the English language.I registered with Vdict in hope that I would have a chance to
    learn from you. Please spend some time to enhance my introduction.Thank you in advance and wish you all the best.
    Yours truly,
    Phan Van