Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
A second one

Thread: A second one

Default A second one

Apparently my first post must involve some problems, no answer...

I have asecond one, if anyone can provide some light :

Chj muon k nc voj e. : I guess 'nc' would be 'noi chuyen', so, 'do you want to talk with me ?'' ?
    Khi nao rah thi nt cho e nhe. : 'rah' : where does that 'h' come from ? nt : send me a message ?

Thank you for any help

Default hi

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Apparently my first post must involve some problems, no answer...

I have asecond one, if anyone can provide some light :

Chj muon k nc voj e. : I guess 'nc' would be 'noi chuyen', so, 'do you want to talk with me ?'' ?
    Khi nao rah thi nt cho e nhe. : 'rah' : where does that 'h' come from ? nt : send me a message ?

Thank you for any help
    "ranh" mean free time
    she means when u have free time u can msg her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybabe View Post
    "ranh" mean free time
    she means when u have free time u can msg her.
    Thanks... So it was a typing mistake -

Can you explain why 'j' is used in sms instead of 'i' - especially as j doesn't exist in Vietnamese...

They use j for i because on the old phone keypad, you have to press 4 three times to type the letter i, but you only have press once on number 5 to type j. Plus, j looks like i and it's faster to type j than to type i.
    Sometimes people use j as "gì", like "cái j`" = cái gì..... cause Vietnamese pronounce j like "z" in English.

To me, it's so annoying and I hate reading something like this one, "buk sao van buk,uoc j co the way laj,2th trc,thj jo ta k faj hoj tjec.k faj loj of a or of e,ma do ok troj mun dua zon chuk ta,chja tay,way laj,k bk bao nhju lan,co khj da den 5th,k bk lan nay co du can dam de nju ju k nhj,chj vj tjk wa tre kon...mun khoc."
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever" -- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TLT View Post
    They use j for i because on the old phone keypad, you have to press 4 three times to type the letter i, but you only have press once on number 5 to type j. Plus, j looks like i and it's faster to type j than to type i.
    Sometimes people use j as "gì", like "cái j`" = cái gì..... cause Vietnamese pronounce j like "z" in English.

To me, it's so annoying and I hate reading something like this one, "buk sao van buk,uoc j co the way laj,2th trc,thj jo ta k faj hoj tjec.k faj loj of a or of e,ma do ok troj mun dua zon chuk ta,chja tay,way laj,k bk bao nhju lan,co khj da den 5th,k bk lan nay co du can dam de nju ju k nhj,chj vj tjk wa tre kon...mun khoc."

Wow, depressing, I don't know if I can improve my daily Vietnamese to that extent. If 'improve' is the right word.

May be you would shed some light on what I putin my previous post ?

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by TLT View Post

lol that is annoying. It would take me forever to read. Why can't they use proper Vietnamese instead of these shortcuts? It's a headache just looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Wow, depressing, I don't know if I can improve my daily Vietnamese to that extent. If 'improve' is the right word.

May be you would shed some light on what I putin my previous post ?

Thanks a lot
    I didn't realize how complicated Vietnamese was until I tried to explain it to someone. Now, the young people make it even more complicated lol
    Anyway, about your first post,
    Chj muon k nc voj e = Chị muốn không nói chuyện với em
    This is translated exactly as "You want not talking to me"
    But if you switch muốn and không, then this is how it's translated "You don't want to talk to me". I don't see question mark so not sure if this is a question.

Khi nao rah thi nt cho e nhe = Khi nào rảnh thì nhắn tin cho em nhé = Message/Text me when you have free time.
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever" -- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Clergybones View Post
    lol that is annoying. It would take me forever to read. Why can't they use proper Vietnamese instead of these shortcuts? It's a headache just looking at it.
    I know right? I always ask the same question. Although I am fluent in Viet and am a teenager, I don't write like that. I see this a lot on my friends' facebook statuses and I don't even bother to read.