Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Need help in Translation !!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help in Translation !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    No, I don't mind. I was in my 20s many moons ago.
    I am not sure what you are driving at. To me age is less important as you get older, but knowledge is.
    Hej, good answers. I drove at nothing. I do agree that your or whoever age is not important at all for learning or getting knowledge. When I was reading your post to LtDra "You are still young. You will have a life time of learning ahead of you, and you will be much better than me by the time you reach my age. Keep up the good work." randomly I thought "what would be the level of Ltdra by the time when he reach paddy's age? what happen if Ltdra's age has reached Paddy's age for moons?", so, just for fun, I'd like to know the ages of your two guys.

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    Hej, good answers. I drove at nothing. I do agree that your or whoever age is not important at all for learning or getting knowledge. When I was reading your post to LtDra "You are still young. You will have a life time of learning ahead of you, and you will be much better than me by the time you reach my age. Keep up the good work." randomly I thought "what would be the level of Ltdra by the time when he reach paddy's age? what happen if Ltdra's age has reached Paddy's age for moons?", so, just for fun, I'd like to know the ages of your two guys.
    Well, if LtDra is older then I have to catch up with him. People always say wise old man but not dumb old man (maybe dirty old man but that is different).

Well, if LtDra is older then I have to catch up with him. People always say wise old man but not dumb old man (maybe dirty old man but that is different).
    guy, knowledge has no age but its owner has. Or knowledge of a guy is not proportional to his age. OK?

guy, knowledge has no age but its owner has. Or knowledge of a guy is not proportional to his age. OK?
    Of course not. But wise does not mean knowledge or does it ?

Default Is it matter about age?

"Unnamed"(người vô danh), I thought I am the one who should concern about this "age-old", but as you see I'm realy not care at all. When I read " "You are still young. You will have a life time of learning ahead of you, and you will be much better than me by the time you reach my age" I had a good feeling that Paddy had been sincerely advising me, and He didn't have any meaning to care about "who is the boss here". I gladly accepted his advice with out any matter he's actually older or younger.
    Last edited by LtDra; 11-29-2007 at 10:35 AM.
    Thất bại lớn nhất của đời người là tự đại
    Đáng thương nhất của đời người là tự ti.
    Tự đại + Tự ti = thất bại đáng thương nhất

will learn
    studying English
    my life

I read a lot. I pay attention to how other people speak. And I am not ashamed of making mistakes.

You are still young. You will have a life time of learning ahead of you, and you will be much better than me by the time you reach my age. Keep up the good work.
    Paddy, good advice for LtDra. I do think you are being too modest. Your English, especially vocabulary and overall knowledge of the language, has reached a very high level that few non-natives will be able to get to. I will be surprised if you're only in your twenties, but one can always be wrong. By the way, to be strictly correct: "you will be much better than I am (not "me") by the time you reach my age." Sorry for the nitpicking!

LtDra, I have noticed that your vocabulary and understanding of English are quite good, but you often make very basic and strange grammatical mistakes, such as "I will learned", which uses both future tense (will) and past tense (learned) at the same time! Obviously we all make mistakes, but I rarely see such complex mistakes. It almost seems like you learned too fast and skipped some basic grammar rules. Maybe a quick review of the tenses and how they are used correctly would be beneficial. Also it would be good to look up, if you're not sure, whether a word is a noun, an adjective, a verb, an adverb, etc., so you can use it correctly. Hope you don't mind my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sang56 View Post
    Paddy, good advice for LtDra. I do think you are being too modest. Your English, especially vocabulary and overall knowledge of the language, has reached a very high level that few non-natives will be able to get to. I will be surprised if you're only in your twenties, but one can always be wrong. By the way, to be strictly correct: "you will be much better than I am (not "me") by the time you reach my age." Sorry for the nitpicking!

LtDra, I have noticed that your vocabulary and understanding of English are quite good, but you often make very basic and strange grammatical mistakes, such as "I will learned", which uses both future tense (will) and past tense (learned) at the same time! Obviously we all make mistakes, but I rarely see such complex mistakes. It almost seems like you learned too fast and skipped some basic grammar rules. Maybe a quick review of the tenses and how they are used correctly would be beneficial. Also it would be good to look up, if you're not sure, whether a word is a noun, an adjective, a verb, an adverb, etc., so you can use it correctly. Hope you don't mind my comments.
    Sang56, I am glad to hear your voice again How are you doing?
    Nope, I don't mind at all on your comments . I know my English is crazy, but I will try my best to get it better.
    Thất bại lớn nhất của đời người là tự đại
    Đáng thương nhất của đời người là tự ti.
    Tự đại + Tự ti = thất bại đáng thương nhất

Default why ?

Quote Originally Posted by sang56 View Post
    Thanks.
    Here is the question for everyone. Why or how did I make that mistake ? This is a very common mistake.
    Last edited by Paddy; 11-29-2007 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks.
    Here is the question for everyone. Why or how did I make that mistake ? This is a very common mistake.
    Cái đó là do Pác sử dụng văn nói

Em cần dịch vài câu sau xin các bác giúp cho :

-What can i do to help my family advocate a positive relationship with me ?
    -how much did you earn from working ( wages, salaries,tips,combat,ect ) in 2006 ?
    (Theo từ điển thì "wage" và " salary" đều là tiền lương nhưng trong 1 tờ đơn thì em lại thấy nó đi cùng nhau , như vậy phải có sự khác nhau giữa 2 từ này , thế sự khác nhau ở đây là gì ? )
    -One vehicle rear-endedthe other