Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
The best accent ...

Thread: The best accent ...

Default The best accent ...

I've got just a little question. British accent and American accent, which one is the best ? And why ? Is the american accent easier to listen to than British one ?

I personally like the British accent. It sounds more refined and classy. I have lived in America for 26 years (!) and find that Americans do not have a distinct accent. The accents vary depending on where the person grew up, much like in Vietnam. Accents vary even in the same state, such as here in Texas. A British accent would be much easier to understand than a Texan accent!

Default Untiled

Thanks for your reply, VietTX...i've learnt a useful lesson. Its all 'bout accent. Just like in VN, we have 3 different regions with 3 different anccents .Right? So it's harder for the foreigners to understand what we are saying. i once got a same problem when i heard my classmate lecturing. Cause he has a British accent but i have an American accent (i guess) uhm..so i couldn't nearly understand what he was talking 'bout...
    So after all, i just think that it is all 'bout accent !!!
    I'm Khoi, 17 years old. Thanks, anyway!!!!!

i myself think that american accent is much much easier to understand, i was watching a movie in my history class, and those people was speaking english with British accent and trust me, i had to turn on subtitle, i couldn'd get a thing they said, thats just what i think
    PS. viettexas: if you can understand the British accents, then i guess you must be reaallly good, seriously ^^

Don't get me wrong. I agree that the american accent is much easier to understand. My comment was that accents in the US vary depending on what part of the country the person grew up in, much like the accents in Vietnam. You know, from north to south. My opinion was that I prefer to listen to the British accent. reaallly.

Makes me wonder what Vietnamese accent you have, trang le.

Wink

just want to let you know that i didn't mean anything bad ( so don't get me wrong either ^^), me? i thinkkk i have south accent but sometimes north, cause my we're originally from north but parents and i grew up in south vietnam btw, nice talking to you

hainhi

Angry

Em rất thích cái tự điển dịch tiếng Anh ra tiếng Việt này và muốn mua nó để dịch những bài viết xử dụng ở nhà vì hoàn cảnh cho nên Em không thể lên Internet thường xuyên được.

Vậy Bạn nào biết hay ban điều hành trang Web này xin chỉ dẫn và cho biết điều kiện cũng như làm sao để có thể mua hay bằng cách nào có thể dùng nó được ở máy nhà cho thuận tiện việc học hỏi mở mang thêm kiến thức.

Xin cảm ơn sự chỉ dẫn

Quote Originally Posted by hainhi View Post
    Em r???t th??ch c??i t??? ??i???n d???ch ti???ng Anh ra ti???ng Vi???t n??y v?? mu???n mua n?? ????? d???ch nh???ng b??i vi???t x??? d???ng ??? nh?? v?? ho??n c???nh cho n??n Em kh??ng th??? l??n Internet th?????ng xuy??n ???????c.

V???y B???n n??o bi???t hay ban ??i???u h??nh trang Web n??y xin ch??? d???n v?? cho bi???t ??i???u ki???n c??ng nh?? l??m sao ????? c?? th??? mua hay b???ng c??ch n??o c?? th??? d??ng n?? ???????c ??? m??y nh?? cho thu???n ti???n vi???c h???c h???i m??? mang th??m ki???n th???c.

Xin c???m ??n s??? ch??? d???n
    qua nh?? anh ??i. Nh?? anh th?????ng c?? Internet n??
    ________
    justin bieber
    Last edited by betonamusin; 01-27-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Ice Moccha

Default Accents

On the whole, i think American & Australian accent easier to understand but i like British accent more because they are more refined & classy as what viettexas says.

But if you compare President Bush, PM Blair & PM John Howard, they are all distinctive accent and that's where i find Tony Blair most pleasant to the ears. But it really depends on the speaker's origin!

Quote Originally Posted by notredame2504 View Post
    I've got just a little question. British accent and American accent, which one is the best ? And why ? Is the american accent easier to listen to than British one ?