Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
help me with this problem, pls!

Thread: help me with this problem, pls!

Default help me with this problem, pls!

I have trouble when using compound nouns such as: environmental problems or environment problems, renting house, rented house, rent agreement or renting agreement… Many other examples but at this time I can’t remember to list here
    Can anyone kindly help me to find out the rules for this problem?
    One more question:
    When reading some example CV, I found out that
    When someone lists their experiences they wrote:
    To solve the problem when it occur
    But someone would write
    Solving the problem when it occur
    My question is: Are they the same? Which is the best choice to have a sentence with a verb at the beginning?
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyhyvie View Post
    I have trouble when using compound nouns such as: environmental problems or environment problems, renting house, rented house, rent agreement or renting agreement… Many other examples but at this time I can’t remember to list here
    One more question:
    But someone would write
    My question is: Are they the same? Which is the best choice to have a sentence with a verb at the beginning?
    Many thanks

I think "environment problems" is OK.
    Renting house is wrong.
    Rented house depends on the context, but rented house is rarely used. I guess. Commonly, people say "the house is rented"
    Rent house (not rented house) is OK
    Rent house or house for rent means house for lease

Depend on the context
    To see is to believe = Seeing is believing
    To solve the problem is so difficult = Solving the problem is so difficult (= It's difficult to solve the problem)

One more question:
    But someone would write
    Many thanks
    It is hard to come up with rules for these. Most of them just take getting used to the phrases to know how they are generally said.

Environmental problems is better than environment problems. We are trying to describe problems, so we need to use an adjective. Environmental is an adjective whereas environment is a noun.

With renting house versus rented house, it depends on how the words are used in the sentence.
    We are renting the house.
    The house is rented out.

Rent agreement is better than renting agreement

To solve the problem when it occurs and Solving the problem when it occurs both can work. But they are a bit weird to say. Rather, I would say "If the problem were to occur, I would _____ in order to solve the problem."

But if you wanted to start the sentence off with a verb for a CV, I would say something like "Solved problems that arose." That still sounds a little strange. I probably would try to think of a different verb to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mattglop View Post
    It is hard to come up with rules for these. Most of them just take getting used to the phrases to know how they are generally said.
    Its sad.
    I really need more time to achieve the level which i can get used to the phrases , the phrases which words go together naturally
    Reading more, perhaps
    thanx for ur helps

Here is an advert of Recruiting on Net which really makes me ask you this question
    "Production Manager is responsible for meeting production schedule, based on an adequate production capacity in all the manufacturing processes and meeting quality specs. Manages all direct labor and Production Supervisors and coordinates interdepartmental activities in order to comply with production requirements

Main Responsibilities:

• Builds and maintain the required production capacity of the plant based on the mix of products.
    • Fulfillment of quality standards based on the defined specifications.
    • Achieves Production Planning requirements in order to fulfill service, in coordination with Production Planning and Logistics Department.
    • Improves and maintains an adequate level of flexibility.
    • Manages controls and reduces non productive times.
    • In charge of the Training Department to achieve production lines requirements
    • Coordinates with Human Resources Department manpower requirements and hiring to maintain production capacity"

Can I make this change?

• To build and maintain the required production capacity of the plant based on the mix of products.
    • To fulfill the quality standards based on the defined specifications.
    • To achieve Production Planning requirements in order to fulfill service, in coordination with Production Planning and Logistics Department.
    • To manage controls and reduces non productive times.
    • Be in charge of the Training Department to achieve production lines requirements
    or something like:
    Building and maintaining the required production...
    is there any grammar mistakes if i keep the original version of this paragraph?
    I appreciate ur help in this question very much!

Production Manager is responsible for meeting production schedule, based on an adequate production capacity in all the manufacturing processes and meeting quality specs. Manages all direct labor and Production Supervisors and coordinates interdepartmental activities in order to comply with production requirements

First sentence: consider revising. Use specifications, not specs
    Second sentence: Needs a subject, who manages all direct labor...? Replace the first "and" with a "," Remove "in order"

Main Responsibilities:

• Builds and maintain the required production capacity of the plant based on the mix of products.

Builds and maintains...

• Fulfillment of quality standards based on the defined specifications.

fulfills quality standards...

• Achieves Production Planning requirements in order to fulfill service, in coordination with Production Planning and Logistics Department.

This sentence is too confusing. Why is production planning capitalized? Is is a pronoun like a name of a department? if it's a name, then it should be "Production Planning and Logistics departments." Consider revise it to something like "Coordinates with Production Planning and Logistic departments to achieve production requirement and to fulfill service." I don't know the meaning so it's hard to revise it my way.

You can maintain an adequate level of flexibility. Can you improve an adequate level of flexibility?

Manages controls? Reduces non-productive time

• In charge of the Training Department to achieve production lines requirements

Consider replacing "In charge"

• Coordinates with Human Resources Department manpower requirements and hiring to maintain production capacity"

Coordinates with Human Resource Department's workforce to maintain production capacity

Can I make this change?
    don't make those changes

To build and maintain the required production capacity of the plant based on the mix of products.
    To fulfill the quality standards based on the defined specifications.
    To achieve Production Planning requirements in order to fulfill service, in coordination with Production Planning and Logistics Department.
    To manage controls and reduces non productive times.
    Be in charge of the Training Department to achieve production lines requirements
    Nam Quốc Sơn Hà, Nam Đế Cư

@The Interpreter: Ur English is awesome .
    Thanks for ur help

Here is an advert of Recruiting on Net which really makes me ask you this question
    "Production Manager is responsible for meeting production schedule, based on an adequate production capacity in all the manufacturing processes and meeting quality specs. He/she is to manage all direct labor and Production Supervisors and coordinates interdepartmental activities in order to comply with production requirements

Main Responsibilities:

• Builds and maintains the required production capacity of the plant based on the mix of products.
    Fulfils quality standards based on the defined specifications.
    Archieves production lines requirements in charge of the Training Department.

Can I make this change?

• To build and maintain the required production capacity of the plant based on the mix of products.
    • To fulfill the quality standards based on the defined specifications.
    • To achieve Production Planning requirements in order to fulfill service, in coordination with Production Planning and Logistics Department.
    • To manage controls and reduce non productive times.
    To be in charge of the Training Department to achieve production lines requirements
    or something like:
    Building and maintaining the required production...
    is there any grammar mistakes if i keep the original version of this paragraph?
    I appreciate ur help in this question very much!
    using ...ING is better, I think.
    Last edited by fija; 03-07-2010 at 08:08 AM.