Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Xin Chao!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xin Chao!

Default Xin Chao!

Hello! Newbie here! I'm an American trying to learn Vietnamese! I have several friends in Vietnam, and have visited twice. I love the country & the people...very beautiful...rat dep! I only know a very little VN, but am interested in learning more! I also need help with some translations my friends send me...so any help would be appreciated! Cam On!!!

okay, just post what you want to be translated here and many friends will be willing to please you :-)

by the way, thanks for your nice comment to my country and people :-)

Khong Co Chi Fija!! i REALLY LOVE Vietnam! EVERYBODY was so kind & hospitable to me! i started in HCM, visited Nha Trang, Da Lat, Vung Tau, Tien Giang, Bac Lieu and many more cities in between...and everywhere was the same...smiling faces & friendly people! next visit, i hope to go farther north (i'm actually planning on going during the upcoming Tet holiday)!! i have many friends all over the world, and have traveled a bit, and i can honestly say that Vietnam & its people are the most generous, warmest people i have ever met (and i LOVE the food too)!! CAM ON!!

well, I can cook... and hope to serve you simple dish if you have time to visit my (family) house in rural country, about 30km far from district 1 saigon

hey Richard, I too love vietnam. I have visited the north and the south and I enjoyed both parts of the country. except Dalat...i spent a week there one night..lol next time i go i will take golf clubs. But of all the places i visited I liked Ha Noi the most. The people we nice just like in HCMC but there was less harrassment from street sellers. My friend fro nha Trang came to visit me in Ha Noi...that may have influenced how i felt about the city. I think the entire country is great though. I will be returning in February of 2010 to....just after Tet. I am planning to go back to Ha Noi for business but after that will visit my friend in Nha Trang....do you ahve any advise for me in Nha trang..hotel, restaurants etc..?

One more thing...do you agree that the most beautiful women in the world are Vietnamese?

Hello Michael! YES! I think Vietnamese women are the most beautful in the World (especially my girl! ;-) RAT DEP! (see my profile pic). You will LOVE Nha Trang! The white sandy beaches are very pristine. I stayed at the "Vinatravel" hotel, 34 Tran Phu, Vinh Nuguyen. As I recall,it was a 3 star hotel, and we booked several nights there for about $25 USD per night! Obviously, there are more & less expensive hotels there, but I was very pleased with our choice. There are also some VERY nice clubs there....and VERY expensive. I can't remember the name of the one we went to, but it was right on the ocean, and unlike most other clubs/restaurants I visited , this place had a very progressive/swank feel to it...and prices to match! be prepared to pay US prices ($5.00 USD cover charge, $4-6 USD for a beer or drink, etc). If you go after Tet, you should be able to find good deals on hotels. Not to mention that the USD is strong against the VND right now. ENJOY!!

Wow, Richard is in love so he thinks everything is nice, perhaps?

yes fija, i'm sure when one is in love, everything seems nicer ;-) but what i said about VN was a non-(love)biased opinion. i [I]really[I] like VN! and thanks (again) for your translation help!