Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Conflicting translation...help!

Thread: Conflicting translation...help!

Unhappy Conflicting translation...help!

Hi! I had a friend help me translate these words into vietnamese. somehow i think there is something wrong here.. anyone can help me?

I think the translation is incorrect.

English: Centre of educational excellence...
    Friend translated: Trung Taâm Giaùo Duïc Xuaát Saéc

Translation from Vdict.com (which i think may be correct!):

trung tâm (của) sự tuyệt diệu giáo dục

The "tam" seems to be different. Also, article translated for me contains "ø" ???
    Did i use the correct font? Thanks for feedback :|

Vdict developer

Your friend's translation is not in the correct font. It should be: "Trung Tâm Giáo Dục Xuất Sắc"

Default Thanks!

Hi! Thank you for your reply.
    Seems that the font display is incorrect. Any idea what causes this?
    If it can be corrected, how to I solve this extra characters problem?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff527

are you typing this using the text services and input languages program on your windows computer? or is this some orther sort of program. I just use the prorgram provided by windows to type in vietnamese. It is very easy to change back and forth between the two. I have had no problems sending instant messages or emails using this program.

I am no expert on this, but it looks like every time there is an accent above a letter ê like the e there, it is putting two letters instead of the one and putting in the wrong accent (not sure if accent is the right word, i know there is a correct word in vietnamese but i cant remember it) So there is something wrong with the translation when the program is trying to put in the accents.