Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Miss Universe 2008 to be held in Vietnam?

Thread: Miss Universe 2008 to be held in Vietnam?

ducphu

Default Miss Universe 2008 to be held in Vietnam?

These few days, in some famous newspapers in Vietnam like Touitre, Vietnamnet.. a hot news that took alot of space in frontpage that is the event of Miss Universe 2008 to be held in Vietnam and may takeplace at Nha Trang, one of the most beautiful bay of the world.
    it seem to be a very glad news for vietnamese but in some forum, there are different ideas about this interesting event.
    it make me confuse and even wonder if it's a good or bad news for vietnamese. surely, i don't understand much about the Miss Universe Prize and how effective to the process of advertise the imagination of Vietnam to the world.
    anyone have ideas pls share with us.
    thanks.

Could you list some bad things when Miss Universe 2008 is held in Viet Nam?

ducphu

Hi ThachThao,
    there are no bad things if the event of Miss Universe 2008 to be held in Vietnam ofcourse, but some people considering the effect of the Prize with the hope of advertise vietnam's image to the world.
    As you may know, to achieving the right of organizing the Prize, the host country must satify some tough conditions but the time is shortage (we have only 10 months for preparation). The condition that the host country have to meet includes: we have to build a meeting room for 7500 people with air condition (nowhere around our country have already a room like this), we have pay $15miliion for TV right and organizing fee... all of these thing must be done in only 10 months.
    Do you think this too expensive for poor country with many thing should be improved but the result, the effect cannot be evaluate yet while we have different ways of advertize Vietnam’image to the world with the much cheaper fee.
    Last MU was held in Mexico but how many people around the world still remember the Mexico’image.
    Anyway, what i say above is just my deduction, honestly i don’t know much about the world wide prize, hence my thinking may not enough foundation to rely on.

Thank you!

Ilikemydict

I'm completely agreed with DucPhu. And personally, I don't think Vietnam is ready for these kind of events. Before these kind of events can happen in Vietnam, there are many changes that need to be made. The Vietnam's Image is not ready for the whole world to see. Vietnam just too eager to be everything even though, it's not ready.

I would like the following changes happen in the
    near future in Vietnam though.

1 - Change the city name from TPHCM back to Saigon
    Ho Chi Minh is just not a pleasant and elegant name to hear.

2 - Streets & Roads need to expand to accomodate the traffics.

3 - Old & ruined building need to be demolish and rebuild.

4 - Beter sewage system

5 - Stop Corruptions in government officials

Those are my two cents worth

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ducphu View Post
    Hi ThachThao,
    there are no bad things if the event of Miss Universe 2008 to be held in Vietnam ofcourse, but some people considering the effect of the Prize with the hope of advertise vietnam's image to the world.
    As you may know, to achieving the right of organizing the Prize, the host country must satify some tough conditions but the time is shortage (we have only 10 months for preparation). The condition that the host country have to meet includes: we have to build a meeting room for 7500 people with air condition (nowhere around our country have already a room like this), we have pay $15miliion for TV right and organizing fee... all of these thing must be done in only 10 months.
    Do you think this too expensive for poor country with many thing should be improved but the result, the effect cannot be evaluate yet while we have different ways of advertize Vietnam’image to the world with the much cheaper fee.
    Last MU was held in Mexico but how many people around the world still remember the Mexico’image.
    Anyway, what i say above is just my deduction, honestly i don’t know much about the world wide prize, hence my thinking may not enough foundation to rely on.

Thank you!
    That's the right answer I would like. I do not think this big event brings bad things to our country. This may be the first experiment we should apply. As you all see that Viet Nam has held many big conferences or events. We finally did them well. Therefore I think that we are also able to do it this time.
    Of course no one refuses that Viet Nam still has many things which need improving. However, we should look ourselves once about what we have done to contribute a little thing to the country to help it better or we just evaluate what may occur.