Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
NVA helmet I'd like to return to family

Thread: NVA helmet I'd like to return to family

deanhc60

Default NVA helmet I'd like to return to family

I have of NVA helmet from a decease soldier. I acquired in VN 1969. There is a name in it but I can not locate the family of this man so I can return it to them if they would like it

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by deanhc60 View Post
    I have of NVA helmet from a decease soldier. I acquired in VN 1969. There is a name in it but I can not locate the family of this man so I can return it to them if they would like it

Dean
    Hundreds of thousands were died in the war, the decease was one of soldiers unknown. I think it's so difficult to find his family.
    Do you mean NVA is his name?

Quote Originally Posted by deanhc60 View Post

Dean
    Post the his name, location and date of battle. I will spread the word around for you. If you want, contact VN consulate(s) and they may be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Post the his name, location and date of battle. I will spread the word around for you. If you want, contact VN consulate(s) and they may be able to help you out.
    I guess, it's no use to contact VN embassy because Vietnam communist soldiers didn't wear helmet in VN war, in addition they don't interested in how were and are their old enemies . You can ask Republic Vietnam war vetaran association (Hoi cuu chien si VNCH) in the US, they represent for south VN government and they may do something. Anyway, it's so difficult because only the helmet says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by english-learner View Post
    I guess, it's no use to contact VN embassy because Vietnam communist soldiers didn't wear helmet in VN war, in addition they don't interested in how were and are their old enemies . You can ask Republic Vietnam war vetaran association (Hoi cuu chien si VNCH) in the US, they represent for south VN government and they may do something. Anyway, it's so difficult because only the helmet says nothing.
    Ever heard of pith helmet ?

Dean