Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
edit gium` minh` voi' :(

Thread: edit gium` minh` voi' :(

Post edit gium` minh` voi' :(

tOPIC: Write an comparison and contrast essay about differences between college and highschool.

Until now, I still can not forget the day I received my result of entrance university examination .I was really happy and proud that I passed that exam . Studying three years at highchool and two years in college , I recognize that there are some differences between college and highschool such as treating students , studying method and characteristics of students.

Treating student is the first difference between highshool and college. In highshool, students are controlled strictly by their teacher. For example, teacher always checks attendace before class time or applies the rigid schedule with constant supervision. Also , by using contact-book, teacher and parents can controll their students and children more. By contrast, college students are more responsible on their study ang life without controlling of their parents and teacher. Beside, in highshool ,teacher-student contact is close and frequent with classes that usually meet 5 days a week .Moreover, teacher here are usually very accessible .On the other hand ,in coolege, classes meet less often—sometimes only once a week—and faculty are usually only available during their office hours and by appointment to address student concerns.

Secondly, study method in colllege is more flexible.In college, pratising what students were studied in clss is more applied through courses while in highshool, students almost study in theory even with some subjects which require to pratise such as biology or chemistry.Also, college students are more consious in self-study than highschool students. They not only fosuc on the knowledgeproviding by proffessor but also have consious to research deeper by themselves. Otherwise, highshool students depend too much on their teacher and being very passived in their study.

Last but not least, the most important difference between highschool and college is the characteristics of students.In highchool, students must wear uniform and do not allowed to dye hair or have some special hairstyles even wear hearings. In constrast , students in college have freedom in choosing clothing to go to chool .They can wear whatever they want as long as it is suitalbe for educational environment.Also, the age range between two cases is difference .In highshool, the age of sudents is the same .It's about from sixteen to nineteen .With college students , the age range is quite various .As long as you have ability , you can study whenever you want although you were old people at that time .

Mọi người đọc rùi edit giúp mình với nha .Mình đọc rùi sửa đi sửa lại rùi mà thấy bố cục và ideaS vẫn chưa ổn .Giup1 mình với nha

P/s Con` doan. conclusion minh` chua vit xong
    Last edited by nhoc_aki; 04-25-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nhoc_aki View Post
    tOPIC: Write an comparison and contrast essay about differences between college and highschool.

Until now, I still can not forget the day I received my result of entrance university examination .I was really happy and proud that I passed that exam . Studying three years at highchool and two years in college , I recognize that there are some differences between college and highschool such as treating students , studying method and characteristics of students.

Treating student is the first difference between highshool and college. In highshool, students are controlled strictly by their teacher. For example, teacher always checks attendace before class time or applies the rigid schedule with constant supervision. Also , by using contact-book, teacher and parents can controll their students and children more. By contrast, college students are more responsible on their study ang life without controlling of their parents and teacher. Beside, in highshool ,teacher-student contact is close and frequent with classes that usually meet 5 days a week .Moreover, teacher here are usually very accessible .On the other hand ,in coolege, classes meet less often—sometimes only once a week—and faculty are usually only available during their office hours and by appointment to address student concerns.

Secondly, study method in colllege is more flexible.In college, pratising what students were studied in clss is more applied through courses while in highshool, students almost study in theory even with some subjects which require to pratise such as biology or chemistry.Also, college students are more consious in self-study than highschool students. They not only fosuc on the knowledgeproviding by proffessor but also have consious to research deeper by themselves. Otherwise, highshool students depend too much on their teacher and being very passived in their study.

Last but not least, the most important difference between highschool and college is the characteristics of students.In highchool, students must wear uniform and do not allowed to dye hair or have some special hairstyles even wear hearings. In constrast , students in college have freedom in choosing clothing to go to chool .They can wear whatever they want as long as it is suitalbe for educational environment.Also, the age range between two cases is difference .In highshool, the age of sudents is the same .It's about from sixteen to nineteen .With college students , the age range is quite various .As long as you have ability , you can study whenever you want although you were old people at that time .

Mọi người đọc rùi edit giúp mình với nha .Mình đọc rùi sửa đi sửa lại rùi mà thấy bố cục và ideaS vẫn chưa ổn .Giup1 mình với nha

P/s Con` doan. conclusion minh` chua vit xong
    I still now cannot forget the day I received my University Entrance Exam's result. I was very happy and proud that I passed. Studying three years in highschool and two years in college has made me realized that highschool and college are very different, especially in the way students are treated, how we study and our own characteristics.

Student-teacher relationship is the first difference that I have noticed when moving from highschool to college. In highschool, students are being watched over more strictly, for example attendance is always checked before class time, rigid schedules are applied under constant supervision. Teachers and parents are also in frequent contact using what is called the 'contact-book' so that they have more control over their students/children. On the contrary, college students are more reponsible for their study and life-style with less, or sometimes no supervision from teachers and parents. While highschool classes are often 5days/ week where teachers are very approachable, classes in college are much less, some classes are only scheduled once a week, faculty staff are only available during office hours and appointments are needed to address student concerns.

The second difference is study methods in highschool vs. college. Lessons taught in college classes are being practised throughout the course while in highschool study is more theoritical, even in subjects that can be very practical such as biology and chemistry. College students are also more aware of self-study than highschool students. They do not only study knowledge that is given by lecturers during classes but also research more in their own time whereas highschool students depend too much on their teachers and being quite passive in their own learning.

Last but not least, the biggest difference from highschool to college is the characteristics of students. Students must wear uniforms and are not allowed to dye their hair, to have unusual looking hairstyle or to wear earings. College students, on the other hand, are free to choose their clothing to go to school. They can wear whatever they want as long as it is suitable for the educational environment. The age range between the two groups also cause the difference; highschool students are at the same ages (from sixteen to nineteen) while college students vary widely in age. As long as you are capable you can study whenever you wish to dispite your age.

Mình sửa phần câu cú cho ngắn gọn và rành mạch, với lại 1 số chỗ sai ngữ pháp (ít thui, chủ yếu số ít/số nhiều). Hy vọng là không bị làm mất ý của bạn ^_^

P.S: mình nghĩ ý cuối nên dùng "students appearance" hơn là ''characteristics'', vì thấy bạn viết nhiều về bề ngoài của học sinh :P
    Last edited by meomok; 04-28-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meomok View Post
    I still now cannot forget the day I received my University Entrance Exam's result. I was very happy and proud that I passed. Studying three years in highschool and two years in college has made me realized that highschool and college are very different, especially in the way students are treated, how we study and our own characteristics.

Student-teacher relationship is the first difference that I have noticed when moving from highschool to college. In highschool, students are being watched over more strictly, for example attendance is always checked before class time, rigid schedules are applied under constant supervision. Teachers and parents are also in frequent contact using what is called the 'contact-book' so that they have more control over their students/children. On the contrary, college students are more reponsible for their study and life-style with less, or sometimes no supervision from teachers and parents. While highschool classes are often 5days/ week where teachers are very approachable, classes in college are much less, some classes are only scheduled once a week, faculty staff are only available during office hours and appointments are needed to address student concerns.

The second difference is study methods in highschool vs. college. Lessons taught in college classes are being practised throughout the course while in highschool study is more theoritical, even in subjects that can be very practical such as biology and chemistry. College students are also more aware of self-study than highschool students. They do not only study knowledge that is given by lecturers during classes but also research more in their own time whereas highschool students depend too much on their teachers and being quite passive in their own learning.

Last but not least, the biggest difference from highschool to college is the characteristics of students. Students must wear uniforms and are not allowed to dye their hair, to have unusual looking hairstyle or to wear earings. College students, on the other hand, are free to choose their clothing to go to school. They can wear whatever they want as long as it is suitable for the educational environment. The age range between the two groups also cause the difference; highschool students are at the same ages (from sixteen to nineteen) while college students vary widely in age. As long as you are capable you can study whenever you wish to dispite your age.

Mình sửa phần câu cú cho ngắn gọn và rành mạch, với lại 1 số chỗ sai ngữ pháp (ít thui, chủ yếu số ít/số nhiều). Hy vọng là không bị làm mất ý của bạn ^_^

P.S: mình nghĩ ý cuối nên dùng "students appearance" hơn là ''characteristics'', vì thấy bạn viết nhiều về bề ngoài của học sinh :P
    Contact book ? I think it is called " school report". Anyway, in some universities, uniform is compelled and hair dying is strictly forbidden

couldn't come up with a word for 'contact-book' since I didn't really know what the writer was referring to, but "school report" sounds good.

And speaking as a whole, tertiary level of education don't have regulation regarding to personal appearance.