Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Vietnamese to English Online Transalation

Thread: Vietnamese to English Online Transalation

Default Vietnamese to English Online Transalation

Dear Community

I have a Vietnamese friend who is not very computer literate. Do you know of any sites that are Vietnamese and easy to use.

I have fond some hard in terms of the charactors so it would be great if there was an authentic site that could be used so we could exchange letter.

Thanks in advance

Trevor Peter

"I have fond some hard in terms of the charactors so it would be great if there was an authentic site"?

I have no clue what you are trying say. 8)
    To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
    -Abraham Maslow

Chickendog

Let me be clarify. I am looking for a translator from Vietnamese to English that uses a Vietnamese key board and is easy to use. The ones I have used have either a virtual key board or do not work well.

Do you know of any Vietnamese web sites that are onlone translators into English and are easy to use.

I hope you have some clues now!

Regards

Trevor

advanturous

Trevor: If you made an effort to spellcheck your typing, you might find it easier to communicate, i.e., others might understand what you mean. It would also go a long way in making computer translation systems work for you, because these systems translate what you type and if your words don't spell what you mean, it is impossible to get it right. Just to clarify what I mean: Instead of writing "Let me be clarify" you might consider using "Let me be clear" or "Let me clarify". You should spell "keyboard" in one word. "The ones" is colloquial and should be replaced with "Those that". Punctuation would help, too. Also, it is "online", not "onlone". I, too, hope that you have some clues now.

Having said that, try typing, in correct English syntax and spelling, into the "Translation" part of this website - you can find a link on the top of this page. It performs reasonably well, but don't expect perfection because for that, you would need a human interpreter fluent in both languages.

Cheers.

Advanturous

Thanks for the reply.

I shot off a quick response to the email hence the typos. It is not representative of my normal emails.

When I use the translator I always type in MS Word and copy the text across. I also use simple sentences with punctuation. In addition, I also translate the text back from Vietnamese to English to see if it makes sense. I generally play with the words until they are reasonable.

I was not looking for help for me. I was asking for my Vietnamese friend. The virtual Vietnamese key board is not easy to use. It also does not put text into the Translation Section but rather the Dictionary. If you know of a online Vietnamese to English translator please advise.

Anyway thanks for the response

Trevor

advanturous

Trevor: Here is a link. The problem with all these translators is that the vocabulary is too limited for anything but basic, simple sentences. The other problem is that the two cultures and the syntax of their languages are very different, making a word-by-word translation impossible.

For example, I get the following translation for "Theo các bác thì các bác nghĩ thế nào?" from the machine: "According to each uncle so each uncle think how?" Now, if you are already an expert in both languages, you might be able to make sense of this, but then you would not need a machine translator, would you?

Here is the link:
    http://www.wisdom.com.my/webve2/ve2.asp

For your friend, I recommend the following: http://books.simonandschuster.com/9780743523462

Cheers.

I think vdict or bamboo page is ok,google stranlation tools is incorrect