Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
please anyone can help me check the introduction of essay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please anyone can help me check the introduction of essay

Default please anyone can help me check the introduction of essay

Hi all friends,
    this is my introduction of essay that I just wrote. anyone who can help me check my introduction. is it enough background information, hook to grab the attention of the reader and good thesis statement? this is my assgisment in class. If it is not enough information, anyone can help me add more detail in my essay. Thank you everyone lots. I really hurry about this introduction. heartfelt thank
    TOPIC: COMPARE YOUR COUNTRY TO ENGLISH CONTRY

Culture clothing between Canada and Vietnam

The Culture from different every countries are special areas feather. It also shows nation character of every country on the world. Specially, Vietnam is a small country, but it has 4000 years history of traditional culture. Traditional culture in Vietnam was affected by Vietnamese wars as much as in the period of time. On the other hand, Canada is a large country, and culture was influenced by British and French. Compare to Vietnam, Canada has small population, large area and two official languages. Moreover, there are differences between Canada and Vietnam some of clothing includes traditional clothing, cotemporary clothing and seasonal clothing.

please ! every one can help me about this introduction of me. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Green

Default Culture clothing between Canada and Vietnam

Through time, the evolution in clothing went along with each country’s ethnicity and geography. VietNam is a small country with its population of more than 85 million. It is also a multi-ethnic country. The largest ethnic group is Kinh, or Viet occupies 86.2% of the population. There are three main geographical regions in Vietnam; they are North, Central, and the South. Local people who are living in each region long enough to speak their language in different tone and accent. Vietnam located at the SouthEast Asia and in the tropical zone, facing Pacific Ocean to the East. The humid winter in the North and dry season in the South, can also play an important role in deciding the seasonal clothing.
    In spite of the influences of imported Western clothing nowadays; especially in a modern time, many Vietnamese people adapt this change, wearing fashionable or contemporary attires, but many others still maintaining Vietnamese traditional culture by appearing themselves in some occasions, dressing their traditional outfits.

hi kutron, please let me know if the introduction paragraph is too long, I still have to write about Canada. Regarding to the outline you posted on 01/16, it is good, you can write your supporting paragraphs following your outline. Thanks, Green
    Last edited by Green; 01-23-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Green

Default Clothing in Vietnam and Canada

New revision of the introduction paragraph:

Through time, the evolution in clothing went along with each country’s ethnicity and geography. VietNam is a multi-ethnic country in which Viet occupies 86.2% of the population. Vietnam located at SouthEast Asia, in a tropical zone, facing Pacific Ocean in the East. Coastal regions along the side of the country inherit a cool weather, winter is humid and cold in the North, and summer is dry in the South. Because of the variance in geographical regions’ climate, fabrics are made for seasonal clothing is different in each region. In a comparison, Canada, a country also has a multi-ethnic population, English and French are largest ethnic groups, located at Northern North America, surrounding it in the East, West, and Northward by Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Arctic Ocean accordingly. Unlike Vietnam, some parts of Canada provinces experience the continental climate, cold and snow in winter. Therefore, garments materials are made more likely to accommodate its particular season.

Nowadays, fashion/contemporary clothing has been widespread in Vietnam and Canada, and the fashion has changed seasonally. Although many Canadian have been adopting English, French styles through period of times and the import of Western fashion style to Vietnam; however, many other Canadian and Vietnamese people still maintain their traditional culture in some occasions, dressing aboriginal clothing in Canada, and Áo Dài in Vietnam.
    Last edited by Green; 01-24-2009 at 01:54 AM.

thank you green for helping me lots of, your pargarph is really interesting, actually, I'm learning how to write a good essay, that means, in the introduction,my instructor requests me that I have to write 2 introduction as same topic but it different technique. it must has 3 things below:
    1. A hook or attention grabber .
    2. background information
    3. a clear thesis in the last sentence.

this is the first introduction of me. Green can help me check grammar, puntuation and structure. is it ok? thank you Green a lot.

Clothing in Vietnam and Canada
    I. Introduction 1
    Hook technique: pose a question
    Can we understand different cultures from the way people dress? Culture varies from country to country; some have significant differences while others some are quite similar. When we compare Vietnam with Canada, we can find many differences. Vietnam is a small country, but it has long history of more than 4000 years full of traditional culture which has been influenced by the French and Chinese. On the other hand, Canada is a much larger country, but its heritage was still influenced by other cultures as well. Besides culture, fashion is also influenced by outside cultures just as Canada has been for long time by the United States and Europe. Similarly, Vietnam was also influenced by French and Chinese fashion in the past and as a result that influence can be seen in the clothing people wear in both countries. Moreover, there are three interesting differences styles of clothes in Vietnam and Canada, in terms of traditional dress, contemporary fashion and seasonal attire.

Green

Default introductory paragraph starts with question

Can we understand culture from the way people dress? Generally, culture-clothing can vary from country to country; however, some countries are quite similar in their attires. Vietnam has a long history of more than 4000 years full of traditional culture which has been influenced by French and Chinese. Likewise, Canada also has been adapted English and French as well. Through time, Vietnamese and Canadian have been maintaining their traditional cultures, and as a result that influence can be seen in the clothing people wear in both countries. Moreover, the introduction of American contemporary fashion is also well-known in these countries during this present time. There are three interesting different styles of clothes in terms of traditional dress, contemporary fashion and seasonal attires, can be illustrated in Vietnam and Canada nowadays.

this is 3 parts of body esay,anyone who can help me check puntuation, grammar and structure. thank you so much.

Firstly, Traditional dress between Vietnam and Canada are differences several ways such as styles and dressing according to ages, gender and region. In Vietnam, people who are like traditional styles belong to middle-aged and elders. Because of their feature of day-work, Middle-aged wear simple clothes such as T-shirts with pants whey they go shopping or go selling at market. T-Shirts may have cotton woods or embroideries. With to elders, people who are between 50 – 60 ages, or have original from China. They are still influenced by traditional custom ancient. Because they usually stay at home to look after their grandchildren, they like to wear simple clothes for everyday use. In contrast to Vietnam, Canada does not have traditional or national as such. The styles of traditional costume belong to Aboriginal, first nation people and Inuit. They are these first person came to Canada from remote past. The clothing among native people varies in both style and raw material. Besides styles, dressing according to age, gender and region between Vietnam and Canada have some of differences. Dressing in Vietnam differs in Southern and Northern. For southern, in the cities, young girl and many women still wear national dress Ao Dai in parties and weeding ceremonies. Different to southern, women wear Ao Tu Than with sandals of old tire rubber in celebrations. Unlike to Vietnam, as already said, traditional costumes in Canada belong to Aboriginal, first nation people and Inuit. Inuit and other native people have their own highly developed traditional wear that is made of leather skins and furs.

In addition to traditional dress, another difference between Vietnam and Canada are contemporary fashion. In Vietnam, contemporary fashion is influenced by social; it is always Changes quickly day by day. Especially, Adults and teenagers usually change fashion styles, they like to buy clothes in the fashion shop on the stress. These clothing are produced by China, Korea, and other Asia. The main causes are influenced by serials on television. Nowadays, many serials on Vietnamese’s television every day, these are produced from different countries such as China, Korea, Hong Kong and so on. The dressing of beautiful actors or actresses influences many Adults and Teenagers, and they want to follow the fashion styles of characters in the film. On the other hand, the fashion clothing of Canadians follows Europeans and Americans.(I'm missing this part because I have no idea hic hic I will continue later if anyone has any ideas , thanks so much)

Besides traditional dress and contemporary fashion, a third difference is seasonal requirements Vietnam is a hot and humid country; it does not have obvious seasons. Vietnamese can wear clothes in any seasons in the year; therefore, seasonal clothing does not have necessary. Compare to Canada, it is a cold and dry country. There are have four obvious seasons in Canada: spring, summer, fall and winter. Consequently, the fashion styles always follow four seasons in the year. For example, the climate in spring is warm and light wind. Canadians like wear light coats with boots when they are walking on the stress. Hot and dry in summer, many Canadians wear T-shirts and short-jean to 1work. The atmosphere in fall is cool to wear light jacket, gloves and wool scarf or cap. Specially, the temperature in winter usually between -10 and – 20 degree, and Canadian has to wear winter clothes such as mittens, parka, tights, down vest and so on to keep the body warm.

Quote Originally Posted by kutron View Post
    this is 3 parts of body esay,anyone who can help me check puntuation, grammar and structure. thank you so much.

Firstly, Traditional dress between Vietnam and Canada are differences several ways such as styles and dressing which are depended onaccording to ( deleted) ages, gender and regions. In Vietnam, people who are like traditional styles belong to middle-aged and elders.(it seems awkward to me so I correct it) In Vietnam, middle-aged people like traditional clothing. Because of their feature of day-work (deleted) the (hot/cold/inconvenient/whole day...) working condition, Middle-aged people wear simple clothes, such as T-shirts with pants. They also wear this kind of clothes when they trade at the markets. T-Shirts may have cotton woods or embroideries. With to elders, people who are between 50 – 60 ages, or have original from China (this is not a full sentence). They are still influenced by traditional custom ancient -> ancient custom(I dont think u need 'ancient' here). Because they usually stay at home to look after their grandchildren, they like to wear simple clothes for everyday use(deleted) everyday. In contrast to Vietnam, Canada does not have traditional or national as such (I dont get what you mean) . The styles of traditional costume belong to Aboriginal, first nation people(?) and Inuit. They are these first person came to Canada from remote past (You dont need this sentence because you already wrote it right at the previous sentence). The clothing among native people varies in both style and raw material. Besides styles, dressing according to (deleted)is depended on ages, gender and regions between (deleted) Vietnam and Canada have some of (deleted) several other differences. Dressing in Vietnam differs in Southern and Northern. For southern, in the cities, young girls and many women still wear national dress, Ao Dai, in parties and weeding ceremonies. Different to southern, women wear Ao Tu Than with sandals of old tire rubber(I dont get it, dép lào = flip-flop, guốc = wooden shoe) in celebrations. Unlike to Vietnam, as already said, traditional costumes in Canada belong to Aboriginal, first nation people and Inuit. Inuit and other native people have their own highly developed traditional wear that is made of leather skins (deleted) and furs.

In addition to traditional dress, another difference between Vietnam and Canada are contemporary fashion. In Vietnam, contemporary fashion is influenced by social; it is always Changes quickly day by day. Especially, Adults and teenagers usually change fashion styles, they like to buy clothes in the fashion shop on the stress. These clothing are produced by China, Korea, and other Asia. The main causes are influenced by serials on television. Nowadays, many serials on Vietnamese’s television every day, these are produced from different countries such as China, Korea, Hong Kong and so on. The dressing of beautiful actors or actresses influences many Adults and Teenagers, and they want to follow the fashion styles of characters in the film. On the other hand, the fashion clothing of Canadians follows Europeans and Americans.(I'm missing this part because I have no idea hic hic I will continue later if anyone has any ideas , thanks so much)
    Just first paragraph for now. Other members will help you out. . By the way, my corrections are just my opinion, it might be wrong.
    Last edited by dethuong_x0x; 02-03-2009 at 01:53 AM.
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dethuong_x0x View Post
    Just first paragraph for now. Other members will help you out. . By the way, my corrections are just my opinion, it might be wrong.
    Thank you dethuong_x0x for helping me, yesterday I was busy a while time, when I came back yahoo messger, I was calling you for many time but You was log out . I though so. see you next time.

Quote Originally Posted by kutron View Post
    Thank you dethuong_x0x for helping me, yesterday I was busy a while time, when I came back yahoo messger, I was calling you for many time but You was log out . I though so. see you next time.
    Dont worry.
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!